Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lookwhaticando

The McAuley handball?

I've watched the replay quite a few times now, and I'm trying to see if I can clearly see a handball.

I can't.

Perhaps it's because I can't zoom into the incident enough, or I can't see the exact frame in the video where the ball made contact... but each time I watch it, it looks as if the ball came off his head.

I imagine it's a problem my end as none of the players seem to protest too much, so McAuley must have used his hand or they'd have spoken up about it much more.

Oh well. Looks like he'll miss the Stoke match anyway. :(

I wonder if we are appealing the red card.

I'm sure when I first read RK's comments on the incident he was saying that McAuley had admitted he'd handled it and what an honest guy he was now it just says

But the game turned on its head in the 68th minute when Gareth McAuley was adjudged to have handled inside his own area.

Or did I just dream those original comments?

I've watched it about 50 times, and it's hard to see. If you watch the path of the ball, there is no obvious deflection but just the hint of a nudge before his head gets to it.

But the notion that it was done deliberately is ludicrous.

If he hadn't have touched it, his head still would have gotten to the ball in time considering how slow it was going. It looks like he shot his hand out as it was obvious he'd need to fall to head the ball away.

Penalty 50/50, red card was bullshit.

Was definitely a handball. He almost got away with it, I think if it was at the Leicester fans end, he perhaps maybe could have got away with it. The referee was just applying the letter of the law by sending him off as well as awarding the penalty. Unlucky to be seen though :rolleyes:

By the way, can someone tell me how many City fans there were at QPR on saturday?

From where I was sitting, it looked like he headed it, and going by the numbers applauding, I wasn't on my own. However, the other half and the two blokes in front claimed to have seen him use his hand. It's a tough call. I've seen the brief clip on the Championship, and whilst it's not conclusive, the lack of argument from our side suggests it was a handball.

If he's admitted it and the pic shows it clearly hitting his hand then there are no grounds for appeal. We'll now be without him for the Stoke game, but I wouldn't be suprised to see him return in time for the Sheff Weds game on Saturday ;)

I've watched the replay quite a few times now, and I'm trying to see if I can clearly see a handball.

I can't.

Perhaps it's because I can't zoom into the incident enough, or I can't see the exact frame in the video where the ball made contact... but each time I watch it, it looks as if the ball came off his head.

I imagine it's a problem my end as none of the players seem to protest too much, so McAuley must have used his hand or they'd have spoken up about it much more.

Oh well. Looks like he'll miss the Stoke match anyway. :(

Well that's because you can't see his hands from behind his ass, that's why. :unsure::rolleyes::P

Mcauley even admitted himself it was handball!!

well perhaps the ref or lino had a better view but VERY inocuous on the gogglebox!
It doesn't matter, he's admitted it, can you not read?

:banghead:

:pinch: :rolleyes:;)

As I feared - the players knew what had happened, which explains the lack of serious protest at the sending off.

Oh well, Gareth, you silly boy... ;)

I do remember one Muzzy Izzet, whilst at Birmingham clearly handballing it on the line - so Gareth's in good company. :banana:

Interesting that he came clean about it. :)

Interesting that he came clean about it. :)

Honesty is the best policy ;) Besides, he knows he'll be straight back in on Saturday and so feels there is no point in creating a huge fuss about something he knows he'll be caught for :thumbup:

I've watched it about 50 times, and it's hard to see. If you watch the path of the ball, there is no obvious deflection but just the hint of a nudge before his head gets to it.

But the notion that it was done deliberately is ludicrous.

If he hadn't have touched it, his head still would have gotten to the ball in time considering how slow it was going. It looks like he shot his hand out as it was obvious he'd need to fall to head the ball away.

Penalty 50/50, red card was bullshit.

Penalty 100% Red Card 100% I reckon.

:whistle:

i cant believe people are complaining that a it was a penalty and red card.

he handled it on the line ??????? :smile:

I'm not complaining - I was merely pointing out I failed to see the incident clearly enough to decide one way or another.

Since he's admitted it to RK, he obviously used his hand to stop the ball going on - in which case I have absolutely no issue with it being a red card or a penalty at all. ;)

Archived