Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BecauseOfBoxingDay

Leicester 0 Preston 1 - Reactions

Hey guys, just thought i would pop in and let you know i thought you deserved a point. We didnt play well, especially in the second half, and you, towards the end piled on alot of pressure. With regards to David Nugent, PNE wont let him go for anything under 5million im led to believe, and believe me, if you saw him every week you would think the same thing. He is, without a doubt a premiership striker, and within the next couple of years he will be playing for a top prem club (top 8). The main worry for most north enders however is the possiblity of loosing Simon Whaley (right winger) as teams like Newcastle have been sniffing around.

Credit to your fans, the majority of you were good, some nobs giving me and mates shit after the game though. Some were spitting on our bus on the way home aswel.

Hey guys, just thought i would pop in and let you know i thought you deserved a point. We didnt play well, especially in the second half, and you, towards the end piled on alot of pressure. With regards to David Nugent, PNE wont let him go for anything under 5million im led to believe, and believe me, if you saw him every week you would think the same thing. He is, without a doubt a premiership striker, and within the next couple of years he will be playing for a top prem club (top 8). The main worry for most north enders however is the possiblity of loosing Simon Whaley (right winger) as teams like Newcastle have been sniffing around.

Credit to your fans, the majority of you were good, some nobs giving me and mates shit after the game though. Some were spitting on our bus on the way home aswel.

I personally don't think we deserved a point, it just simply isn't enough to suddenly spark into life on the hour mark.

As for Nugent, I certainly believe he is good enough for the prem. He showed electric pace and a good technique in the first half. Also he seemed a very fair player, always trying to stay on his feet in the penalty box.

I think you will get to the play-offs and win them.

Yesterday's game epitomised a problem we've had for a while now - we can't break down teams that put men behind the ball, simple as that.

Credit to Preston, they were well drilled and made life difficult for us. We essentially didn't have the quality or composure in the final third to make a difference.

That's all well and good but it's not a realistic reflection of how being a football manager works. You bang on about the likes of Shankly, Ferguson, Clough etc etc. I wonder whether they'd have taken any tips from youth team coaches? I doubt it somehow. Either Kelly's got confidence in himself to get the most out of the team (perhaps when he can select from a proper squad) or he hasn't, in which hypothetical case he should resign and let someone with a bit of belief in himself take over.

Manager's all have their own approach. Shankly was a wonderful communicator at a time when the boot room and promotion from within was much to the fore in Liverpool philosophy - suggesting there was much communication with staff even if Shankly was undoubtedly boss when it came to the crunch.

Ferguson too seems to think very highly of Carlos the coach and I'd be amazed if he didn't seek the man's advice on a regular basis.

As for the "proper squad" I don't think it would have made the slightest difference really. Even when he's had numbers to choose from he has remained essentially cautious and unimaginative in his selections.

Great managers somehow take whatever's thrown at them and make something happen. Work a bit of magic.

If Ferguson had wanted a goal from somewhere he'd have put Hammond on with Fryatt and Hume not instead of one of them.

He'd have probably sacrificed a defender and gone 3-3-4 or done something even more dramatic had that not worked. He might still have failed to get his goal but it wouldn't have been through want of bodies around the opposition box.

Archived