Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BecauseOfBoxingDay

Leicester 0 Preston 1 - Reactions

Focks sake. Changes made too late, we wasted the first half.

Leicester 18 22 -2 18 0-1 v Preston

Luton 18 22 -8 25 0-2 v Derby

Ipswich 17 21 0 26

Crystal Palace 18 21 -4 21 2-0 FT v Barnsley

Hull 18 16 -9 14 0-2 FT v Stoke

Leeds 18 16 -17 19 0-3 FT v Southampton

Barnsley 18 15 -14 22 0-2 FT v Crystal Palace

Southend 18 12 -16 16 1-1 FT v Plymouth

As much as we attacked, we'll still see complaints that the team is too cautious and will never go anywhere without a total overhaul of the entire playing staff and coaching staff. :thumbup:

Thracian :thumbup:

Nah in all honesty, we did attack today but we again lacked the killer edge, and the inability to score when reigning shots down on the opposition goal needs addressing in training very soon.

If you look at the BBC report on the match, it suggests we were only kept at bay by a string of good saves from Nash.

Stephen Hughes sliced a shot wide and Iain Hume forced Preston keeper Carlo Nash to tip over as Leicester attacked.

Nash had to be alert after the break as well as he raced from goal to deny Elvis Hammond, before two late saves to deny Hume and Hughes a leveller.

BBC Football

Still, some won't be at all happy because we didn't have 8 strikers. :thumbup:

As much as we attacked, we'll still see complaints that the team is too cautious and will never go anywhere without a total overhaul of the entire playing staff and coaching staff. :thumbup:

:dunno:

They were absolutely clueless, again - down to the negative set up of the side. How many times does this have to be said this season? This side is simply not capable of scoring goals the way it's set up.

Kelly isn't taking us anywhere, so the sooner this takeover goes through the better.

Well, I rest my case.

Kelly played the team he should have played at the beginning in the second half - and I don't particularly mean Sylla either.

What pissed me off was that out came the chosen men and we handed the initiative to Preston from the off.

They scored and said right, break us down. Good job. Cos if they'd really attacked us first half they'd have had three or four.

Only when Porter and Hammond came on did we have some passing and moving but it was too late. Preston had manned the barricades and were organised enought o stay intact.

Kelly to my mind signed his death warrant.

If I were Mandaric and I'd watched our last three performances - never mind some of the others - the only thing I'd want from RK is his resignation.

Why? For not having belief in his players. Simple as that.

I won't elaborate because it's a pointless exercise and I don't feel at all happy about the situation.

But that's the truth. We play at home and it's us that kow-tow's, us that bows down. If that were my excuse for a team first half team I'd have admitted my limitations and gone down with my ship.

At least the last half hour we showed some ability to pass and retain the ball, and ability to get into the front portion of the field, even the penalty area on occasions.

But even then our confidence and imagination is lacking. Tiatto, who never hid for a minute, revealed himself as a one-trick pony on free kicks. Porter retained possession, passed and moved, made some space, kept maintaining the width but he was systemised into playing at half cock.

RK doesm't kid me if he thinks he kids others. There's too much system and not enough imagination in his preferred team and it's increasingly proving too much of a handicap.

Time and again I've explained how we can dominate possession even with the limited players we've got but no. We go defence biased, concede the initative and put ourselves under pressure. It is folly. And if it doesn't change then, far fromfighting for a top six place, we'll be fighting to stave off relegation again.

More later. I'm, going to have my dinner.

Guest bull-fox

hi, greetings from edgar street,

unlucky on todays result, from what i have heard we (foxes) should have won.

just wanted to ask about the tekover, do you guys know any more than i do on this subject?

being in hereford i find it hard to keep up with the news and just wondered if there has been any info released but not yet on the website.

cheers in advance

and good luck with the rest of the season

bull-fox

Nah in all honesty, we did attack today but we again lacked the killer edge, and the inability to score when reigning shots down on the opposition goal needs addressing in training very soon.

Really from the moment I ve been on the server, i have to admit thracian talks sense. he knows the team and his opinion deserves more respect.

My opinion is that in January we get one very good centre forward. Again my impression is that M de Vries build but adding some finishing skill would be a bonus to the team. Porter and Weso in the midfield next week along williams and tiatto

hi, greetings from edgar street,

unlucky on todays result, from what i have heard we (foxes) should have won.

just wanted to ask about the tekover, do you guys know any more than i do on this subject?

being in hereford i find it hard to keep up with the news and just wondered if there has been any info released but not yet on the website.

cheers in advance

and good luck with the rest of the season

fox-bull

It was agreed to let MM see the books so a final deal could be sorted out. ;):thumbup:

Attack?. As promised I went to the Academy match today. I'd announced Friday that the Academy team would have more shots in first half than the first team do in a month. They didn't let me down.

Faced with the sun and a severe gale in their faces for the first half I wondered if they might sit slightly further back than normal.

You're joking. True to type Beaglehole camped his entire side around and in front of the half-way line and gave Bristol not one second of peace.

If the ball was hoofed out of Bristol's defence, City's centre-backs either won it themselves or shepherded it through on the wind to Alex Cisak and the attack was relaunched.

Result? Four nil at half-time, six nil at the end and the figure I want everyone to remember is NIL. Leicester didn't get caught on the break because Bristol were too busy getting to ball or finding time to make a sensible pass. Or picking it out of the net.

By their standards I didn't City were outstanding after half-time. But Bristol didn't come into it. The game was all about what Leicester were going to do. They didn't so much impose their game as establish a Stalinist dictatorship from the fifth minute onwards when they notched their first goal.

People say I'm blinkered but there were senior people at Belvoiir Drive today saying its a pity the first team don't play in the morning and the Academy side at the Walkers in the afternoon.

That my friend was attacking. I know Leicester didn't attack much and do you know why, apart from my own eyes? Because the Kop hardly made a sound. Not a peep throughout the first half. They sat their as disspirited as I've ever seen them or failed to hear them.

Kelly insulted them with his tactics. Some might forgive him, but I don't feel that way.

I feel, as I've always felt, that he should have picked a football team and had a go.

I can stand losing. What I cannot stand is tactical surrender.

To lose to a side 2nd in the table, 1-0 isn't that bad. But what is bad is when we lose 1-0 whilst only putting up a fight for the final 8 minutes.

Those final 8 minutes showed that we were capable, but why can't we sustain it? It wasn't like Preston sat back either.

Preston were nothing special.

Archived