Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BecauseOfBoxingDay

Leicester 0 Preston 1 - Reactions

Wouldn't be surprised to see Mandy pull out of the deal if we continue to perform like today. I can't believe he see's us as an attractive club when hes going to have to think about 1) getting in a new manager.

2) selling all the wage wasting rubbish players (nearly the whole squad) and 3) buying new players in every position. I cant see him making any money out of us unless we get into the prem and soon, so hes got a big task on after recent showings against sheffield and preston.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Mandy pull out of the deal if we continue to perform like today. I can't believe he see's us as an attractive club when hes going to have to think about 1) getting in a new manager.

2) selling all the wage wasting rubbish players (nearly the whole squad) and 3) buying new players in every position. I cant see him making any money out of us unless we get into the prem and soon, so hes got a big task on after recent showings against sheffield and preston.

You obviously haven't heard the interview Mandaric gave on SSN around 3 hours ago. He was far from pulling out of the deal. Infact, I think he's as close to completing it now as he could be without actually having a formal bid accepted. The performances will pick up when he offers the support he kept talking about in the interview. Sit tight. Mandy is going nowhere :thumbup:

nana2.gif

we get plenty of set pieces and yet rarely do anything with them which shows a massive weakness in either personnel or training. under little we used to regularly score from set pieces and with very few quality players too.

we were better in the second half but it should not cover over just how clueless we looked at times in the first half. i thought the head tennis and high lofted balls from midfield showed a lack of composure and maybury really struggled at times with their big attacking players , personally i would have moved stearman to rightback when kelly moved tiatto in midfield. fryatt let himself down on more than one occasion after doing all the hardwork of nicking or getting the ball by either not shooting or choosing the wrong pass , maybe he is lacking confidence.

the fella behind me kept shouting at how the players werent running off the ball and he was quite right.

todays game just reminded me to much of last seasons levein quality football.

there , after that moan i feel better. nothing like a good whinge after a bad game. :ph34r:

Was Nugent 100% fit. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about but he seemed lazy and hardly got involved.

I thought he had a decent game,he didnt get much service but he skinned our defence a few times,i didnt realise how quick he was.

I thought he had a decent game,he didnt get much service but he skinned our defence a few times,i didnt realise how quick he was.

Agreed, and Agyemang looked frightening at times. His control demonstrated the chasm of difference in ability between our players and those that can legitimately hold pretensions to playing in the Premiership.

If only it were that simple. The thing for me about Tiatto today was that he was seen to cock-up. He didn't try to hide or to pass responsibility to someone else. He took responsibility and it didn't always come off.

I would never want players of mine afraid to take responsibility for fear of being pilloried for a cock-up. There's a time and replace to take risks of course and I'm sure the players know that, but the main thing with city's first hour team was the complete lack of movement. It was painful to see.

Preston had movement in abundance. If players don't make space people like Tiatto cannot make accurate passes.

That's not quite the same as Kisbnorbo or Nils on occasions who look at easy passes, ignore them and try something more complicated.

Tiatto needed attackers to support and offer themselves. It didn't happen and it was only when Porter and Hammond came on that passing was easier for everyone. Sadly, though, it was too late and Hammond didn't take the one real chance we had (though he was there to have it!).

Like I say, Kelly should have played a positive team from the start...and it's a mistake he's made far too often.

I fully agree that we lack movement in fact I can't remember the last time we had a team that played like that, probably McGee, however I disagree with your assertion that that was to blame for Tiatto's poor passing, on 3 of the occasions he just totally mishit them, 3 more of them were in no-mans land movement would not have helped, his free kicks were inexcusable for someone of his experience and ability. He did improve when he went into the middle. For me I'd never play him on the wing again, he just seems to lose all sense of perspective.

Agreed, and Agyemang looked frightening at times. His control demonstrated the chasm of difference in ability between our players and those that can legitimately hold pretensions to playing in the Premiership.

completely agree. the front two in the 1st half were as good as anything i've seen at the walkers this season and that includes villa. they were sharp great 1st touch and great movement. basically ran our defence ragged. showed just how far away from the required standard we are at the present time.

Kelly should surely realise tiatto is not a left winger by now?

He won't start Porter there though 'cos he's scared Porter may actually do well right from the off and he'd be forced to leave Tiatto out in future. Either that or he doesn't believe in Porter's ability, so that begs the question "What the fook is he actually playing Porter for?" That situation needs addressing, as Tiatto plays better in the middle of the park than he does at left wing - fact.

Welsh would play there, but he is either injured or just not fit enough at all. Both are easily believable. I don't mind anyway if Welsh doesn't play because his performances so far haven't been anything to rave about. He does however offer a more attacking and direct threat than Tiatto, Low and even more often than not Sylla when he can be bothered - but it is that attitude that really ****s me off and annoys me about all professional footballers.

I fully agree that we lack movement in fact I can't remember the last time we had a team that played like that, probably McGee, however I disagree with your assertion that that was to blame for Tiatto's poor passing, on 3 of the occasions he just totally mishit them, 3 more of them were in no-mans land movement would not have helped, his free kicks were inexcusable for someone of his experience and ability. He did improve when he went into the middle. For me I'd never play him on the wing again, he just seems to lose all sense of perspective.

If I gave the impression I was excusing Tiatto's passing I didn't mean to.

Definatly.

There was one incident yesterday where It almost looked impossible for Nugent to get the ball and he still managed to beat Nils or McAuley cant remeber which one to it and then we fouled him.

A part of me was pissed off to see Agyemang get subbed. One moment, when he was attacking the Kop end out on the right wing, his footwork to get the ball past two players was simply brilliant. I'm guessing Nils was one of them but I was too busy watching Agyemang to notice.

So, what about the eight times, (when I gave up counting) that Tiatto gave the ball away whilst under no pressure? Also I'd be surprised if Porter was on the pitch long enough to have received the ball 8 times never mind lose possession 8 times.

:thumbup: Spot on mate. Fact is if Tiatto doesn't play Centre mid he shouldn't play at all, he has starred this year in the middle but can anyone remember a quality ball from wide not just this year since he's been at the club? And his shocking disciplinary record l believe is due to trying to keep up with pacier wide players and full backs. In the middle he is up against slower rottweiler / stormtrooper types and not only can he tackle them he is sometimes quick enough to get in first and nick the ball. So why can RK not see this? Feel for young Stearman asked to play out of position and then hauled off, when he should of been playing right fullback instead of the steady but hardly swashbuckling Maybury. We are thin on the ground but we were not set up right yesterday and a tight game ran away from us.

I felt we were poor in our play but had more chances than we create usually. Strange game. As for the atmosphere I feel a bit in limbo holding my breath waiting for Milan's cash to give us something to watch. I don't even hanker for the prem yet l just want to see a few more name players in key positions and see us play well at home.

we get plenty of set pieces and yet rarely do anything with them which shows a massive weakness in either personnel or training. under little we used to regularly score from set pieces and with very few quality players too.

we were better in the second half but it should not cover over just how clueless we looked at times in the first half. i thought the head tennis and high lofted balls from midfield showed a lack of composure and maybury really struggled at times with their big attacking players , personally i would have moved stearman to rightback when kelly moved tiatto in midfield. fryatt let himself down on more than one occasion after doing all the hardwork of nicking or getting the ball by either not shooting or choosing the wrong pass , maybe he is lacking confidence.

the fella behind me kept shouting at how the players werent running off the ball and he was quite right.

todays game just reminded me to much of last seasons levein quality football.

there , after that moan i feel better. nothing like a good whinge after a bad game. :ph34r:

:mad: The problem with our set pieces is that we are following the trend (or epidemic)of bending balls in to the keeper ( left footer from right, right footer from the left ). When we altered this in the last ten minutes we suddenly saw Kisnorbo and big Mcauley get their heads onto things. Did RK instigate the change or did the players work it out all for themselves in mid-November?

Thrac I know exactly what you're saying, and this is another reason why I said it wouldn't be a bad idea for RK to maybe have a chat with Steve Beaglehole (an idea which wasn't taken seriously by many on here as I've come to expect). Beaglehole treats his crowd very nicely and gives them pure attacking, in your face, smash-mouth wonderful to watch football. And I applaud him for that, as it is more than working and people do enjoy watching his academy side play. RK on the other hand names quite a defensively loaded team and doesn't go for the jugular. Instead, he is content to soak up pressure and seems resigned to the fact that we may end up conceding, and so we do not push forward and try to score many goals.

So effectively you want Kelly sacked then? You can't undermine a manager's position to the point of making him get tips off an Academy coach. And if he felt the need to do that himself, he should resign. Nonsensical argument.

So effectively you want Kelly sacked then? You can't undermine a manager's position to the point of making him get tips off an Academy coach. And if he felt the need to do that himself, he should resign. Nonsensical argument.

So what you're saying is that, if I, as team leader, were to invite you to become part of an expedition to the Antarctic because I think you've got something to offer, that I shouldn't consult you or take any advice you might offer with a view to improving our circumstances because it might undermine my so-called authority?

Well if my authority survived courtesy of such a weak thread I wouldn't be much of a leader.

To my mind, if the person with the final say cannot seek out and consider the contributions of others he's a pretty arrogant, self-centred and stupid leader.

Such people have been talked about and documented throughout history - usually as a result of their pigheadedness costing people their lives and often the success of the mission.

I wouldn't for one instance imply that RK is like that. I certainly hope that he's not.

Leaders are mostly respected and successful because of the way they do consider other people's opinions and the various options available in the light of those opinions and then come up with the best solution/s as a result.

So what you're saying is that, if I, as team leader, were to invite you to become part of an expedition to the Antarctic because I think you've got something to offer, that I shouldn't consult you or take any advice you might offer with a view to improving our circumstances because it might undermine my so-called authority?

Well if my authority survived courtesy of such a weak thread I wouldn't be much of a leader.

To my mind, if the person with the final say cannot seek out and consider the contributions of others he's a pretty arrogant, self-centred and stupid leader.

Such people have been talked about and documented throughout history - usually as a result of their pigheadedness costing people their lives and often the success of the mission.

I wouldn't for one instance imply that RK is like that. I certainly hope that he's not.

Leaders are mostly respected and successful because of the way they do consider other people's opinions and the various options available in the light of those opinions and then come up with the best solution/s as a result.

That's all well and good but it's not a realistic reflection of how being a football manager works. You bang on about the likes of Shankly, Ferguson, Clough etc etc. I wonder whether they'd have taken any tips from youth team coaches? I doubt it somehow. Either Kelly's got confidence in himself to get the most out of the team (perhaps when he can select from a proper squad) or he hasn't, in which hypothetical case he should resign and let someone with a bit of belief in himself take over.

Archived