Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Christmas Cheer?

Source

Article

Leicester City are offering a goodwill gesture to help the families affected by the collapse of the Christmas savings club Farepak. More than 150,000 people are thought to have lost about £35m when the Swindon-based Farepak crashed last month.

Retailers have weighed in with contributions and Foxes club officials have followed suit and pledged their support to members.

The club are therefore offering a pair of free tickets to those affected by the collapse to City's Christmas Community Fixture against Barnsley on Saturday, December 16.

To claim tickets, clients should visit the Ticket Office at the Walkers Stadium with their Farepak documentation by Friday, December 1.

Chief Executive Tim Davies said: "As a community-based football club we are very concerned about the impact on those affected at such an expensive time of year.

"We wanted to offer our support and we hope that this goodwill gesture will reach out to Farepak customers as Christmas approaches."

Tickets for the Christmas Community Fixture are now on general sale and can be purchased on line using the club's e-ticketing facility, in person at the main Ticket Office, by e-mail at [email protected] or by telephone on 0870 499 1884.

Supporters are advised to purchase early in order to avoid disappointment as demand for this fixture is expected to be very high.

All this FairPak stuff really gets on my tits !!!!

No-one ever mentions the countless amounts of people that have lost there pension funds over the last five years.

I know of people who have paid into there pension fund for 25 years, then when there company went bust they received nothing !!!

If people want to be sure where they money is, then put it in a bank !

People take a risk when opening an account with Fairpak. Unfortunatly this time the risk hasnt paid off !!!

.... and lastly, this is all for one day of the year !

No-one ever mentions the countless amounts of people that have lost there pension funds over the last five years.

I know of people who have paid into there pension fund for 25 years, then when there company went bust they received nothing !!!

People take a risk when opening an account with Fairpak. Unfortunatly this time the risk hasnt paid off !!!

It's a gesture of goodwill - not the start of a campaign to change the world.

If every business and every person did something for someone then there'd be a bit less misery in the world and conversely if everyone decided it wasn't worth helping anyone because of those who weren't getting help then it would be a pretty mean and unsympathetic world.

Credit to City where it's due. Spreading a bit of good cheer never hurt anyone.

I must say, I do share your frustrations. I can't see the point myself. However, I know someone who can't even be trusted to put a fiver a week in to a bank account especially for Xmas, without spending it on other things. However, this person is an adult, and what they choose to do with their money is up to them I guess. I do know that they wouldn't use this type of savings club, as they wouldn't have been able to access their money and waste it on other things!! :P

It's a gesture of goodwill - not the start of a campaign to change the world.

If every business and every person did something for someone then there'd be a bit less misery in the world and conversely if everyone decided it wasn't worth helping anyone because of those who weren't getting help then it would be a pretty mean and unsympathetic world.

Credit to City where it's due. Spreading a bit of good cheer never hurt anyone.

Business isn't about gestures of goodwill !

What annoys me is that it totally blown out of proportion when there are a lot more important similar issues.

All the money raised should go to all those who paid into company pensions, to then see none of their money.

Such people don’t just have a bad Christmas, it affects the whole of there life, and deprives them of the retirement they are entitled to.

Such people don’t just have a bad Christmas, it affects the whole of there life, and deprives them of the retirement they are entitled to.

but christmas is a time where we are supposed to give a shit about people, the rest of the year they don't even enter into our thoughts...thats why it has become such an issue, tragic really

Business isn't about gestures of goodwill !

What annoys me is that it totally blown out of proportion when there are a lot more important similar issues.

All the money raised should go to all those who paid into company pensions, to then see none of their money.

Business is often about gestures of goodwill. The bigger the business the more it is expected to play its part in the community.

The company pensions situation is a much wider issue and needs Government involvement.

Archived