Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Sebastian Carole

I'd never dream of having Shipperly rather than Dodds at this stage of their resepctive careers.

What the hell has everyone got against Dodds?. Is it cos he's local or what? Sixty goals in three seasons, described by Kelly himself as the "best natural finisher at the club" including Hume and we talk about Shipperly.

It is not as if Dodds has ever had the glimmer of a chance as yet.

Do you really need any of us to answer this?

I've said it before and i'll say it again. We are over a third of the way through the season and yet Rob Kelly still insists on allowing his players to hoof the ball and by-pass our midfield. There's been no signs of him trying to change this. So if that's the case and he's not going to change it, then it makes sense that we get someone up front who is a threat in the air. I remember you saying this yourself not that long ago.

I've got nothing against Dodds, I wish he'd been given a chance already. But, i've watched him many times over the years and his prowess in the air is almost non-existant. So what can he offer us if we don't play to his strengths, just as we don't play to Fryatt's strengths and Hume's most of the time.

That's my reasoning on why someone like Shipperley is worth bringing in. Now if Kelly was to change the style of our play then i'd not want Neil Shipperley anywhere near Leicester, but is that likely given that he's allowed our team to play this way for quite some time. The fact it's nearly destroying one of the best young strikers in England (Fryatt) and it's not concerning Kelly, then the chances of passing football through to the strikers is highly unlikely I would have thought.

Archived