Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Benji

The Futureheads

cracking song :thumbup:

heard it on the radio earlier and just listened to a few songs, thus far this is the best one i've heard. Remind me a bit of supergrass the way they sing at a fast tempo

edit: actually they sound nothing like supergrass on this song lol..... but they did on the album on the website......honest :S

The Futureheads' self-titled debut is one of my favorite albums of the year. I actually enjoy listening to this album even more each time. They're often labeled "post-punk" and compared to earlier bands such as Wire, but their guitars remind me more of Mission of Burma, with shorter songs and a louder, more upbeat yet more accessible sound with unique and quirky lyrics that befit their sound.

I doubt I'd find the Futureheads on the radio here (except for satellite radio), but I saw the video for "First Day" on MTV2 a few weeks ago at around 3 am. They really should have released "Meantime" as a single--they do "emo" in that song much better than any "emo" band.

Guest Guest

The Futureheads are quality and I'm off to see them again in 2 weeks, on the same bill as The Killers, Bloc Party and The KAiser Chiefs.

It is a cover of Hounds of Love by Kate Bush and if you go to their site (search on google) you'll find a sound clip of a load of songs off the album

• 1 month later...
Anyone just see these perform on the Friday Night Project on channel 4?

They were pretty damn decent! Not heard them before, they're good!

68366[/snapback]

O yes, The Futureheads are quality. The Futureheads are on Soccer AM in a bit :):thumbup:

Very annoying song to listen to. What makes it worse is that it's actually a cover song, it takes no talent to copy a song and release it. Although based on how badly they did that song i don't really want to hear any of their own songs :blink:

Very annoying song to listen to. What makes it worse is that it's actually a cover song, it takes no talent to copy a song and release it. Although based on how badly they did that song i don't really want to hear any of their own songs  :blink:

68440[/snapback]

I disagree with that.

For example, what about Jimi Hendrix's cover of "All Along The Watchtower"?

One of his most popular and loved songs, and very well done, but still a cover.

What about things like Hope Of The States cover of "Beautiful" by Christina Aguilera which they did live on Radio 1?

I thought that took a bit of talent.

All of Richard Cheese's 3 albums?

TV On The Radio's cover of "Mr Grieves" by the Pixies?

A bad cover takes no talent to copy and release, but a good cover is one that takes the original, and adds the band's own twist to make it a better song, such as the examples I've given, and in my opinion the Futureheads cover.

At the end of the day though, you're entitled to your opinion, even if it is wrong ;):)

If a band that has established themselves based on their own written songs and then releases a cover, got no problem with that. It's those that release a cover just like that that i have a problem with.

68539[/snapback]

A fair point.

However, I don't know how much "Hounds Of Love" has gone on to establish the Futureheads.

I'm not sure how big they are seen as now, but there was still quite a sizeable crowd seeing them on the Radio 1 stage at Reading last year, and they must have had a good bit of help from "Decent Days And Nights" being on Burnout 3 and possible the realese on "Meantime" in October (although probably not with that one).

Like I said, I'm not sure how big they're seen as now, but I imagine Burnout 3 helped quite a bit, there are no other bands that are really that similar on the soundtrack.

Archived