Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest seanfox778

driving question

Guest seanfox778

i'm thinking of getting one of those 2nd half season tickets because i have a few months off work

in the new year but i would have to drive 8 hours in one day there and back and i was just wondering

if anyone else does a similar journey and is it as bad as it sounds or do you get used to it, is it difficult to stay awake?

i'm thinking of getting one of those 2nd half season tickets because i have a few months off work

in the new year but i would have to drive 8 hours in one day there and back and i was just wondering

if anyone else does a similar journey and is it as bad as it sounds or do you get used to it, is it difficult to stay awake?

i wouldnt get one mate lol

Staying awake for the 90 minutes of the match is most people's problem :P

I used to drive for about 2 and 1/2 hours there and the same back. Just remember to take a break. ;):thumbup:

Up until about two years ago, I was doing a 6 hour round trip to watch City at home on a fairly regular (but not season ticket) basis.

I'd usually bomb down to Leicester on the way, and then take my time coming back in the dark, making sure to have a break on the M1. Boring as hell sometimes, but 5Live and TalkSport usually make the time pass.

Unless money's not a consideration, I'd fill up at a local supermarket with petrol, snacks etc. A ticket and a tank of petrol is expensive enough without stopping at the services and their rip-off prices.

Somewhere on the OS, there's a link to a car sharing thing for supporters travelling from far flung places. Might be worth a shufty?

W E L L M A N who used to be on this board has had a season ticket for quite a few years and travels from the south coast.

Think it takes him bout 3 1/2 hours each way.

W E L L M A N who used to be on this board has had a season ticket for quite a few years and travels from the south coast.

Think it takes him bout 3 1/2 hours each way.

where has roger gone muz?

its v difficult to stay awake. there's an offer on atm wit travelodge where you can get rooms in markfield for 15quid, think that expires soon but then its only about 25quid from then on. i travel for four hours usually, exception being today because i was a little too drunk last night (plus have revision to do). we get the train to away games but for some reason leicester is so expensive to get to from here so we drive, derby is only 6quid for some weekends but they tend to fall on dates when the connecting train is quite expensive :(

Guest seanfox778

well thanks for all the help but i'm going to stay at my uncle's on a sat night and drive back on sun morning

cheers :thumbup:

Archived