Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Stearman's next job

Private Pike is a bit of a fool in Dads Army and Stearman is well qualified for the role if they do a remake. Give him a .303 Enfield, a step ladder and a group of German U-boat men to guard and he'll do fine...but just don't ask him to lay off a pass over 5 yards with any sense of accuracy.

Stearman's acting qualities were on full display yesterday, every time he tried to separate someones lower limb from the rest of their body with a full bodied but idiotic challenge. He was lunging tackles around the pitch like some Sunday League clogger, each rash challenge would then be accompanied by an acted out fantasy about a part of his body that was (apparently) badly hurt; his ankle, thigh, calf and face. What's coming next? An impression of a boy with his eye gouged out? A nasty Chinese burn? A splinter in his thumb?

I want him to do well, he promises so much ~ but in the end I always end up muttering 'stupid boy!'

Private Pike is a bit of a fool in Dads Army and Stearman is well qualified for the role if they do a remake. Give him a .303 Enfield, a step ladder and a group of German U-boat men to guard and he'll do fine...but just don't ask him to lay off a pass over 5 yards with any sense of accuracy.

Stearman's acting qualities were on full display yesterday, every time he tried to separate someones lower limb from the rest of their body with a full bodied but idiotic challenge. He was lunging tackles around the pitch like some Sunday League clogger, each rash challenge would then be accompanied by an acted out fantasy about a part of his body that was (apparently) badly hurt; his ankle, thigh, calf and face. What's coming next? An impression of a boy with his eye gouged out? A nasty Chinese burn? A splinter in his thumb?

I want him to do well, he promises so much ~ but in the end I always end up muttering 'stupid boy!'

Easily sorted with a few well-chosen words by the manager I'd say. And the sooner the better could he'd become a better player overnight.

Stearman is a player with a bit of passion and he is learning the game in a poor team.

Yes poor challenges, yes needs to be spoken to...........

but how many other players contribute how he does, with last ditch tackles to clear the ball, (reasonably) accurate passing, overlapping the midfield and putting in decent crosses, long throws, support striker.................... and guess what he cares and wants to win !

This lad has the ability, but he needs support of the rest of the team, what about starting with the Captain supporting him by staying on the pitch and the coach supporting him by not getting sent off and other players putting in 50% of the commitment he does.

Who do you think you are kidding Mr Kelly

If you think we'll break this run?

These are the boys that will concede lots of goals,

Matty Fry-att is too busy eating rolls.

So who do you think you are kidding Mr Kelly

Shouldn't you resign on Mon?

Archived