Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Omg please Birch - stop embarrassing us

How many of you think that when the Birch says the players' first name and then expects us to say the players' second name just embarrasses the club, the fans, the playes and the Birch?

I mean, no one does it and the people who do don't really want to, it must sound so lame.

I think he should stop now, what do you think?

PS. Hope City win today, it will just make my Christmas even better :thumbup:

It's unbelievably bad.

The sooner the club stop f**king around with pre-match 'entertainment' and stick to the original Post Horn Gallop, with the PA announcer (not Birch!) announcing the teams, the better.

It's unbelievably bad.

The sooner the club stop f**king around with pre-match 'entertainment' and stick to the original Post Horn Gallop, with the PA announcer (not Birch!) announcing the teams, the better.

and the half time entertainment tis poor! i heard the singer on saturday was good but i remember the villa game i think it was, they had some opera crap!! god!! who wanted to hear that!

I have to agree it's a bloody joke. Don't get me wrong, I like the birch and feel he do does a good job for the club but shouting the names out is just so cringe worthy. I Don't know if it's aimed at the yournger kids (which makes it a bit more acceptable) as I would have probably enjoyed doing it 15 years ago.

and the half time entertainment tis poor! i heard the singer on saturday was good but i remember the villa game i think it was, they had some opera crap!! god!! who wanted to hear that!

The villa game halftime was my worst experience ever! Start cueing next to some smelly tramp, concede a goal on the monitor, get bombarded by the worse opera ever, find there's only burnt balti pies left ....

I've got a lot of time for the Birch. I used to like him reading out the player names in the NORMAL way.

I absolutely hate the new way though.

Although I'm not entirely convinced it's one hundred per cent his choice!

Well the way things are going we won't have to learn any new names in January..infact we might even be able to cross a few off the list! :cry:

I agree with all the posts on this subject. It's all very embarrasing for the club. I wonder what it sounds like from the middle of the pitch. Do you think it was Birch's idea or has he been told to do it by the club. I think they ought to bring back 'Jump Around'. Just a shame the old farts in the crowd objected so strongly.

Awwwh, stop bullying Birch :P

I wouldn't have made it onto the pitch at the Cardiff game without him ;)

It's not the Birch we don't like, it's the tossers who came up with the idea to get him to read the players first names out with the crowd shouting the second name. :thumbup:

Nice avatar, btw. ;)

It's not the Birch we don't like, it's the tossers who came up with the idea to get him to read the players first names out with the crowd shouting the second name. :thumbup:

Nice avatar, btw. ;)

No, it's his idea. A few weeks ago the Mercury were moaning at us because we weren't giving it enough support.

It should have been done at the start of the season or not done at all.

Embarrassing simply because we don't get involved in it enough. It doesn't help either that some people get the names mixed up and don't know who wears what number! Seriously, if we all joined in, it'd be fine. Sadly, we don't all join in and never will (well maybe if we were top of the league!). Needs scrapping.

Archived