Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tommeh

Why?........

....Did Mcauley not play today????

He's 10 times beter than McCarthy and I was actually hoping that in the last minute MCcarthy would get sent off meaning mcauley would play in the next 3.

In the last few games hes been far superior to Kisnorbo as well!! please does somebody know something I don't?? :angry:

MCcarthy again looked terrible and never once lead the players.

He's 10 times beter than McCarthy and I was actually hoping that in the last minute MCcarthy would get sent off meaning mcauley would play in the next 3.

In the last few games hes been far superior to Kisnorbo as well!! please does somebody know something I don't?? :angry:

He wasn't playing particularly well but I wouldn't say he was awful. I wouldn't have him as captain at the moment though, not in that form. Leading by example is what we need.

I'd be tempted to try Williams as captain, hopefully stop him going missing for huge chunks of games and improve his work rate and concentration.

Spot on, we were shambolic at the back at times. :angry::rolleyes:

Having said that, I don't think it was down to McCarthy's actual performance, more the fact that he couldn't organise a piss-up at Oktoberfest. :rolleyes:

Everything about the team was wrong today Mcauley argubely our best defender left out along with Nils who's looked comfortable recently. Also no Hammond who at least causes problems every game unlike O'Grady who did nothing except go to ground free kick hunting.

The midfield however was how I wanted it, but I never thought for one minute that Levi wouldn't do anything and wesolowski would perform appaulingly!

he wasn't on the bench so he MUST be injured

He made way for Cap'n McCarthy. :pirate:

Why he didn't make the sixteen is beyond me... I guess we viewed the full-back positions as weak (unfit Kenton on the left, mostly) so we had a full-back on the bench rather than a centre-half. After all, when we've had rock-solid Johansson and Stearman in the full-back positions, we have a centre-half on the bench (McCarthy or McAuley) instead. :whistle:

I don't believe McAuley is injured. I think he's a victim of the urge to get Cap'n McCarthy :pirate: back into the 11. :ph34r:

McAuley was missed today for us. McCarthy (I don't care whether he's club captain or hasn't had much of a chance recently) was poor. No question about it. In the second half, he fooked up more times than I can remember McAuley doing recently - so much so that he was the last man, tried to dribble out and got robbed of the ball! Seriously, we need McAuley in the defense. We do look stronger and more solid when he plays alongside Kisnorbo, more so when McCarthy does the same thing.

He wasn't playing particularly well but I wouldn't say he was awful. I wouldn't have him as captain at the moment though, not in that form. Leading by example is what we need.

I'd be tempted to try Williams as captain, hopefully stop him going missing for huge chunks of games and improve his work rate and concentration.

I appreciate you have tried to prevent this sort of reply by putting "try" in bold but you can't say in one sentence that we need someone to lead by example and then advocate giving the captaincy to that lazy twat.

McAuley was missed today for us. McCarthy (I don't care whether he's club captain or hasn't had much of a chance recently) was poor. No question about it. In the second half, he fooked up more times than I can remember McAuley doing recently - so much so that he was the last man, tried to dribble out and got robbed of the ball! Seriously, we need McAuley in the defense. We do look stronger and more solid when he plays alongside Kisnorbo, more so when McCarthy does the same thing.

Hughes fault tbh it was a shocking pass :blink:

I appreciate you have tried to prevent this sort of reply by putting "try" in bold but you can't say in one sentence that we need someone to lead by example and then advocate giving the captaincy to that lazy twat.

Don't get me wrong: frequently having Williams in the team is like playing with 10 men until he pops up and does something vaguely memorable and everyone says how great he is. Really gets on my tits at times. He does, though, have bags of ability, and what I was saying was that maybe the responsibility of captaincy would make him play to his potential. Hence "try" rather than "It would definately be a great idea".

Chosen Men! :D:D:D

At least the lad looks like he is trying although he is w@nk

The complaint against Williams was he'd be a lazy twat leading by example.

Better to be led by someone who tries. :P

It's hard to find a suitable captain in the current crop. :ph34r:

Stearman? Kisnorbo? Henderson? McAuley? Johansson? Tiatto(!)? :P :P :P

Don't get me wrong: frequently having Williams in the team is like playing with 10 men until he pops up and does something vaguely memorable and everyone says how great he is. Really gets on my tits at times. He does, though, have bags of ability, and what I was saying was that maybe the responsibility of captaincy would make him play to his potential. Hence "try" rather than "It would definately be a great idea".

I appreciate the sentiment. I think I'm probably a couple of games ahead of you. By the end of the Colchester game after he's swanned around against Fulham for 90 minutes and made a few killer passes when we're 2-0 down in an attempt to get on MOTD then gone completely missing at Layer Road cos it was "a bit parky", then you'll be where I am now. And I dread to think where I'll be.

I appreciate the sentiment. I think I'm probably a couple of games ahead of you. By the end of the Colchester game after he's swanned around against Fulham for 90 minutes and made a few killer passes when we're 2-0 down in an attempt to get on MOTD then gone completely missing at Layer Road cos it was "a bit parky", then you'll be where I am now. And I dread to think where I'll be.

Possibly. He's so frustrating. Flashes of an excellent player just occasionally, and the rest of the time he just wanders around the field. He doesn't move into space at all. I do think, though, that perhaps he shouldn't be playing the holding role, especially when we lack possession and all he's doing it closing people down and making a piss-poor job of it.

Hughes fault tbh it was a shocking pass :blink:

Both as bad as each other. If I'd have been given that pass, I'd have wellied it out of touch and then spent the next 30 seconds telling Hughes what a f**king idiot he was.

Spot on Fezzler :thumbup: Berating players for awful bits of "football" is a Paddy McCarthy speciality. When you're the last man and have two strikers in close proximity, no matter how bad the pass to you is, you do not try to dribble the ball out. It is suicidal and just inviting the opposition to score. Hoofball annoys people, but in that sort of situation, hoofing it long or into touch is the only option. "If in doubt, hoof it out".

Spot on Fezzler :thumbup: Berating players for awful bits of "football" is a Paddy McCarthy speciality. When you're the last man and have two strikers in close proximity, no matter how bad the pass to you is, you do not try to dribble the ball out. It is suicidal and just inviting the opposition to score. Hoofball annoys people, but in that sort of situation, hoofing it long or into touch is the only option. "If in doubt, hoof it out".

Isn't that our motto ???

Archived