Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Strikers..

That really is dreadful. If I've looked through those properly and calculated it correctly, we have the second worst goalscoring record in this league?? :blink::S

That is absolutely abysmal. Though it isn't like we do not have the chances to have scored more goals. I would say that we need to invest in another creative midfielder, a right winger and a poacher with experience, so that if there were any loose balls in and around the 6 yard box, he would put them in the back of the net. How we're going to continue avoiding relegation if we don't score enough goals is beyond me. Something needs doing because - purely based on those stats you posted - the current system and players are not doing the business.

There's more than one factor combining to result in our lack of goals and and they've been detailed many times.

The requirement is to act to alleviate the highlighted problems and RK has not done that.

If I had a choice between, a new Striker, a good right winger, or a good attacking midfielder (that can actually pass and score), I'd choose the attacking midfielder. A right winger would be okay but we don't have particularly good headers of the ball from open play, a winger may be innefective. Maybe thats why Kelly has being playing Hughes, he can pass rather than cross. A good attacking midfielder could supply the killer pass for Hume or Fryatt.

So I don't think we need a new striker, I think he would still be ineffective.

I'm starting to think perhaps we need a bit more muscle in midfield. We look okay going forward when Hughes, Williams and Porter are getting themselves involved in the game but when they're not, we're horribly lightweight. It all depends on whether you rate those three highly enough. If you do, the best thing we could do is get a solid, dependable defensive midfielder who won't go missing from games and will ensure we are always giving as good as we are getting. Think Wesolowski at his best (which we can't rely on getting from him week in week out for 90 minutes). Someone who will give us a solid platform in midfield. I don't see Gareth Williams being part of a promotion-winning team to be honest without a hell of a player alongside him to make up for his deficiencies.

The problem with our midfielders is that they all have major deficiencies and their individual qualities aren't enough to compensate for each other. Up until now we/Kelly have had the financial excuse but this might not wash for much longer and players like Williams (if he's arsed about staying) and Hughes will have to up their game on a consistent basis.

The only one of those three I rate is Porter really. He can still improve. Williams can play, but he often doesn't, I'd rather try and sell him for (hopefully) a few hundred grand. Hughes has never reached his potential either but he is more consistent than Williams. Williams can be brilliant, or complete crap, but Hughes is decent enough game to game, he just doesn't have the ability to make things happen.

I'd rather sign an attacking midfielder, and play him alongside Wesolowski, rather than bring him on for the last 10 minutes or whateer like we do now. (which should help him develope aswell if he)

Can't say I'm totally impressed with Fryatt but then I don't think he has had the service. I doubt he will ever be much more than a poor premier league team player at best, so I'd be up for new strikers.

Hume seems to have a knack for making a goal out of nothing but I would sit him behind the front 2. I don't think he is an out and out striker.

http://www.sporting-heroes.net/football-he...sp?HeroID=11570

We really do lack a decent winger though. At the start of the season it really showed when we had no width whatsoever, we still don't have anyone who can run the channels and we are missing a tall striker that can head a ball.

Who actually can play wing?

Porter

Cadamarteri

Gradel?

If you look at the strikers we've got, they are all too similar apart from O'Grady. We need more strikers of more quality once we get more money.

Hume and Cadamarteri definately worth keeping. Still a fan of MDV and think we should bring him back....

And i think we can only keep one of Hammond-Fryatt-O'Grady and should make a decision.

In my view, not winning many friends, I would keep Hammond out of the three.

So strikers....

Hume

De Vries

Cadamarteri

player to bring in

Hammond

i would definatley keep fryatt and hume. get rid of all of the others there useless. we need to bring in a striker that will score 20-30 goals a season.

Yeah now i've said it im on the fence a bit .

Hammond or Fryatt. I just dont think Fryatt's got the out and out quality to help us to promotion. If he starts scoring more then i'd agree. Changed my mind though, just remembered Hammond in the Barnsley game. Won't be able to sleep now.

Archived