Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Not So Rosy!

4 points off the relegation zone with game in hand against Brum and Cardiff (A), err things have looked better. :o

February is the crucial month now with Luton (H) Ipswich (A) Cov (H) Burnley (A) WBA (H)

All winnable with the right attitude and approach even without any new signings.

Thats certainly concerning its about time we go on one of our 3 game winning runs, which so far this season is what we've done when near the relegation places, then as soon as we get upto 14th we think nahhhhh lets live dangerously agsin and loose the next three.

Cardiff - draw

Luton - win

Ipswich - loose

cov -win

Burnley - draw

wba - win

possibly a bit optamistic but in the two games against fulham and also the game at colchester last week the boys have shown what their capable of, especially attacking wise.

Thats certainly concerning its about time we go on one of our 3 game winning runs, which so far this season is what we've done when near the relegation places, then as soon as we get upto 14th we think nahhhhh lets live dangerously agsin and loose the next three.

Cardiff - draw

Luton - win

Ipswich - loose

cov -win

Burnley - draw

wba - win

possibly a bit optamistic but in the two games against fulham and also the game at colchester last week the boys have shown what their capable of, especially attacking wise.

Your playing us at the wrong time really, Andy Gray will be fit for the game against you and we are splashing the cash a fair bit (new director Brendan Flood gave Cotterill 4m for the window), so we will probably lineup:

Mike Pollitt

Wayne Thomas

John McGreal

Michael Duff

Jon Harley

Wade Elliott

Eric Djemba-Djemba

Joey Gudjohnson

Alan Mahon

Ade Akinbiyi

Andy Gray

Your playing us at the wrong time really, Andy Gray will be fit for the game against you and we are splashing the cash a fair bit (new director Brendan Flood gave Cotterill 4m for the window), so we will probably lineup:

Mike Pollitt

Wayne Thomas

John McGreal

Michael Duff

Jon Harley

Wade Elliott

Eric Djemba-Djemba

Joey Gudjohnson

Alan Mahon

Ade Akinbiyi

Andy Gray

What a twist of irony that would be... Playing against Akinbyi and Gudjohnson again... :cry:

Mike Pollitt

Wayne Thomas

John McGreal

Michael Duff

Jon Harley

Wade Elliott

Eric Djemba-Djemba

Joey Gudjohnson

Alan Mahon

Ade Akinbiyi

Andy Gray

:o:cry:

<_<

We have no-one to be scared of in this league, as shown by our performances against Fulham. It's just a case of motivation. And what more motivation could a manager have than the threat of being replaced if he doesn't match the expectations of the incoming multi-millionaire owner?

Either way, I'm not that arsed. We won't go down and hopefully we will be able to buy some similarly crap-tastic players during the summer to aim for another season of getting hammered in the Premiership.

What's the point?

The division is crap this year, I aint seen one team better than us this season (Birmingham were shite, ragged a 2-1 win). It is much of a muchness, anyone can beat anybody. That is why I think it is so much better than the Premiership, look at Watford - how shit must it be to be a supporter of them at the minute?

The division is crap this year, I aint seen one team better than us this season (Birmingham were shite, ragged a 2-1 win). It is much of a muchness, anyone can beat anybody. That is why I think it is so much better than the Premiership, look at Watford - how shit must it be to be a supporter of them at the minute?

lol Yeah but too be fair did they expect anything better. The best team i have seen so far is sunderland. They really seem to want to work for keano and have a good mix of players.

They were poor against us, we were winning 2-0 and they scored twice in the last 10 minute :cry: Best team I have seen is probably Derby, who we drew 0-0 with the other week (oh God sorry, just realised which teams site I am on!!!). Preston are a decent side as well, we beat them 3-2 but it was a really well contested game.

If we improve our fitness and treat any one of those teams like we did Aston Villa or Fulham then why should we fear any of them?

a) By what time will the players have improved their fitness?

b) Since when do we treat league and cup the same way?

Mike Pollitt

Wayne Thomas

John McGreal

Michael Duff

Jon Harley

Wade Elliott

Eric Djemba-Djemba

Joey Gudjohnson

Alan Mahon

Ade Akinbiyi

Andy Gray

SAW MIKE DUFF IN FALIRAKI FEW SUMMERS AGO. WE ENTERED A 5 ASIDE TOURNAMETN AND WE WERE 1 SHORT SO HE PLAYED FOR US. TOP LOKE. BUT HE WAS PANTS AND WE GOT HAMMERED!!!

To be fair to us we arent a bad side we have got some talent in the ranks which could have been improved upon in the transfer window but the shareholders indecisiveness has cost us the oppurtunity to improve our squad. And the shareholders call themselves fans , they may have got us out of the shit when we where in administration but what good are they doin for the club they onli sit in the west stand chewin there prawn sandwhiches and caviar pukka pies anyway :mad::mad::banghead:

To be fair to us we arent a bad side we have got some talent in the ranks which could have been improved upon in the transfer window but the shareholders indecisiveness has cost us the oppurtunity to improve our squad. And the shareholders call themselves fans , they may have got us out of the shit when we where in administration but what good are they doin for the club they onli sit in the west stand chewin there prawn sandwhiches and caviar pukka pies anyway :mad::mad::banghead:

You're just assuming it's the shareholders I take it as it would seem MM hasn't put in a formal bid yet, well he might have since last week due to the slowness of his legal boys doing their bit.

I was thinking about the games to come earlier and we still have QPR, Barnsley and Leeds to play. Them games will be so important.

I thought we were on the brink of a play-off push :dunno:

So was I. We need around 42 points out of a possible 54 available to be in contention of a play off spot. With the likes of McCarthy, Stearman, Tiatto and Hammond around, why not? Let's do it, yeah.

You`ll see the best of City when there backs are against the wall and we are desperate for points. It happened late last season and it happened agin this season when we were near the bottom. It needs to happen again soon as I dont fancy our run in much!

April

Sat, 7th H Derby (CCC) - Going for Title/promotion

Mon, 9th A Plymouth (CCC) - Outside chance at Play-offs although recent form dipped

Sat, 14th H Norwich (CCC) - Possible relegation outfit fighting for points

Sat, 21st A Preston (CCC) - Going for automatic promotion/play offs at least

Sat, 28th A Barnsley (CCC) - Definite relegation contenders and will be scrapping for points

May

Sun, 6th H Wolves (CCC) - May well be in the play-off battle

We need points not games in hand!

Archived