Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What drum machine, digital 8 track, multieffects?

I just got a load of free gear including a fostex fd-4 digital 4 track recorder, but its doesnt have an internal hard drive. So I need a hard drive that connects through and SCSI cable, is there such a thing as a usb - scsi converter jobby so i can use a cheapy usb hard drive?

I downloaded Reason 4.0 the other day (recommended by Valarenga) - it's a monstrous piece of software, just need my keyboard to be delivered then I can start making some tunes.

I have no idea if that helps but if you're interested in music production then this is probably a piece of software you'll want to know about.

seriously, james, give the matrix another go - you can do stuff that you can't even imagine doing with your fingers on a keyboard, even if you're art tatum in disguise...

---

re: the topic...

i'm pretty sure that a standalone digital recorder cannot do anything that a PC can't also do...

my budddies made two excellent stoner rock albums (i played a juno 80 and piano) on a home computer (plus some big marshalls and a live kit, thru a very small mixing unit),

they used to use a standalone digital recorder, but it sucked, cause you had to save everything onto, i think, cartridges, and then copy to a PC to burn a CD, horrible.

i also used to live with some guys from The Fallout Trust, and EMI let them record their entire album on a Mac (through an analogue console)...

again these were all live instruments, not electronic stuff...

if you are smart enough, you can use cubase/nuendo and reason, connected through ReWire, thus having live audio in cubase and beats (samples and/or drum machines) and sampled orchestration in reason.

personally, i prepare beats and synths/electronics in reason, mix it down to wav, load it into nuendo and overdub guitar and voxs in nuendo.

Just been looking at Reason 4.0 and some of the prices are a bit much for me at the minute!

:(

prices? :whistle:

haven't used 4, using 3 and it's awesome, and probably a lot cheaper...

Archived