Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Board C*ck ups?

Which was the worst?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Which board in recent time, ruined the club most?

• Current saviours Faceless inc'
    • Elsom & Walker & Co
    • Tom Shipman & Co
    • Martin George & Co

got to be Elsom and co!!

they are responsible for the majority of problems within the club!! spending money we didn't have was a very bad choice

The current board dragged us away from a very nasty scenario and we should never forget that However.... they have now out stayed their welcome and it's time to go

I think it's got more to do with the decline of our maufacturing base (textiles, boot and shoe and light engineering) than anything this or previous boards have done. We were once a mighty industrial city. Now we're shot to pieces and can't even buy the right slabs from China.

As for the football club, don't get me started..........

I think it's got more to do with the decline of our maufacturing base (textiles, boot and shoe and light engineering) than anything this or previous boards have done. We were once a mighty industrial city. Now we're shot to pieces and can't even buy the right slabs from China.

As for the football club, don't get me started..........

There are a few sucesses in Leicester as business goes but many more failures as Chris shows above. Manufacturing and Fabrics are now tiny in comparison to what they used to be. But its got naff all to do with the shitty boards.

I think in a lot of respects is has to do with the decline of the city.

Certainly from my perspective. I work in IT and for the best wage I can get n the midlands is in Derby and Nottingham. If i wasnt getting this wage i couldnt get my season ticket.

Thats slightly besides the point, but not quite. I remember the season (cant remember the year) when Leicester was religated from the Prem and bounced stright back up. In The championship then, we never had crowds of 20k then. Always pushing the boundaries of attendance fo rthe championship.

It appears to me that opportunities in work, life and everything else in Leicester are limited. Even the things we were renouned for are deminishing. Without cash, you can go to games and the club suffers.

No proof, but just something to mull over.

I was told today that Leicester was actually in the top 10 poorest cities in the UK.

We never used to be... I wonder if it was due to the decline when Taylor was in charge?

Not sure who was chairman then

Was told that at one time, in last 40 years or so, it was the second most affluent City, but don't know how this was based and I don't believe it at all.

Was told that at one time, in last 40 years or so, it was the second most affluent City, but don't know how this was based and I don't believe it at all.

1920s is nearly believable - looking at quality of the houses through Stoneygate and out to Oadby along Manor Road.

1920s is nearly believable - looking at quality of the houses through Stoneygate and out to Oadby along Manor Road.

One of the road running through Stoneygate and Oadby had the highest concentration of millionaries in 1919 I belive... at least thats what they told us on the Uni open day, and I seem to remember that the wool trade made Leicester very wealthy until a hundred years or so ago.

If you look at all the developments going up over the city you'd think the City was on the up but most of these developments are residential and apart from the Shires Extension very little in terms of employment. Its funny but there does seem to be a link between whats happening locally in terms of employment and wealth and how City is doing. Look at the shops that have closed down in the Haymarket and the Council being run by a bunch of T***s who seem more inept than the current City board when it comes to money. The Escalating costs of building the new arts centre are a good example of this. It s also true when the team is doing well the economy seems to pick up and everyone locally feels a lot better. At the moment everyones depressed and i feel the same about by my job.

If you look at all the developments going up over the city you'd think the City was on the up but most of these developments are residential and apart from the Shires Extension very little in terms of employment. Its funny but there does seem to be a link between whats happening locally in terms of employment and wealth and how City is doing. Look at the shops that have closed down in the Haymarket and the Council being run by a bunch of T***s who seem more inept than the current City board when it comes to money. The Escalating costs of building the new arts centre are a good example of this. It s also true when the team is doing well the economy seems to pick up and everyone locally feels a lot better. At the moment everyones depressed and i feel the same about by my job.

Yes agree with the council - they promised us a sports Leisure Centre with facilities to replace the Granby Halls and a 50metre Olympic Swimming Pool Centre - that was 8-9 years ago. Where has this gone??? Council are sh*te!!

Archived