Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in a Box

JJB to be sued over shirt pricing

Yeah i'm sick of the new shirt every year anyway. Its so stupid. Plus, when i got the first of the JJB shirts, and compared it to the last kit before it, the quality was so much worse, it wasnt even funny to think i had paid the same amount for them both

They are not our shirt sponsors next year i know that for a fact, (dont know who is though). I work with some top people off jjb and Addidas, and they confirmed this to me last year. By the way if you buy the new England shirt in makro it is £1 cheaper. Doesnt sound much but when you add up the total of shirt sales, it adds up to a tidy sum at the end of the year. I know 1 shop in the south sold 11 on the 1st day. Where as i know of 2 shops east of Birmingham that done well over 250 each on the 1st day. And that was the day before most people got to see it on the tv last night. Enough said about that the better.........

what would you not want adidas or nike?

there kits are always cool!

I was thinking the same thing.

Im not that fussed about a shirt every year, Paying money for one footy top a year is great as we get good value for it and what decent item of clothing can you buy for around £30 these days that will last for at least a whole year?!

The one year kit cycle is more gay than Ultra!!!!!

No-one forces you to buy a shirt so if you don't want to don't bother, simple!!!!

Its not like we are the only club in the world that does it!!!

We will probbaly get some bizarre easten European kit manufacturer, with a bit of look we might even get an away kit thats not fcuking yellow or white!!!

Bit of fcuking originality please! At least do something remotely good and rip off the holland kit or something?

The JJB was a three year deal wasn't it? So more of the same next year anyway!

I just think football clubs should have a kit and stick to it for a decent amount of time. Its not because of the money, i dont think £30 a year is a big deal, i just think it would be better if the kits werent always changing. No particular reason for it. They do it in the NFL. The teams jerseys very rarely change, and dont cost much more, which means on a match day all the fans have the same ones, which looks better.

It's more likely to be made by someone like 'George' (of the Asda variety) than Adidas or Nike.....

I quite like the tailored shirts the likes of Spurs have, although probably not the feasible option for the Leicester population fashioning the famous beer belly. I haven't liked any of the shirts for the last few years to be honest, although the Peter Taylor shirt with the stupidly massive collar was the worst ever, who the bloody hell thought that one up!! I recall Lee Marshall wore his collar up for games..muppet

note: Puma make some nice kits!

Hummel are my preference now Villa have dumped them, I don't know of any other team in England, who use them, that appeals to me. I do agree that 'George of asda variety' is definitley the only kind of avenue open to a team like us.

I just think football clubs should have a kit and stick to it for a decent amount of time. Its not because of the money, i dont think £30 a year is a big deal, i just think it would be better if the kits werent always changing. No particular reason for it. They do it in the NFL. The teams jerseys very rarely change, and dont cost much more, which means on a match day all the fans have the same ones, which looks better.

To me it doesnt make a difference if someone is wearing the latest City shirt or a classic one from the 70s, as long as they try and turn up in the club colours (a bllomin T-Shirt from the club shop will do) and more importantly, sing a long!

The new jersey is obviously there to create income and there isnt anything wrong with that IMO. Change it but get Nike to do a quality shirt for us!

Archived