Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Strikers

We now have 6 strikers  

79 members have voted

1. 1. But which pair would you put up front?

• Fryatt & Hume
    • Fryatt & Hammond
    • Fryatt & Cadamarteri
    • Fryatt & Horsfield
    • Fryatt & Glombard
    • Hume & Hammond
    • Hume & Cadamarteri
    • Hume & Horsfield
    • Hume & Glombard
    • Hammond & Cadamarteri
    • Hammond & Horsfield
    • Hammond & Glombard
    • Cadamarteri & Horsfield
    • Cadamarteri & Glombard
    • Horsfield & Glombard

I did mean Hume on the right.

I think Weso has looked really good once or twice charging forward. He set up a goal or two last season (remember one in particular at QPR that really kickstarted our revival) and with a bit more freedom he might look a better player. He certainly went on one or two good runs in the Villa Cup game and scored a pearler against Fulham.

Hopefully Johnson will be gone next season anyway.

Ahh right you are. :thumbup:

Hmm Weso did very well against Villa, and scored a peach against Fulham as well, but as can be said with the rest of our lads, it's easy to raise your game against Premiership opposition. He can run the ball forward should the opposition give him space and time, but you don't get much of that in this league. I was also referring to his passing lol - leaves a lot of room for improvement does it not?

I am in full agreement on the Johnson front though. Get him out. Soon.

Something like;

Porter -- Wesolowski -- Jarrett -- Hume

for me, if Fryatt and Horsfield could score enough goals to justify selection up front together. Plenty of energy and support to the attack in that midfield but also four players who will put in the effort defensively.

It's a winner.

Fez, that's a pretty imaginative midfield.

I like the balance and it's along exactly the lines our forwards need.

If I thought Wesolowski was genuinely fit it would be a close thing but I genuinely think andy King has more to offer right now and in so many ways.

King is fit, he scores far more goals, he scores headers and wins headers, he passes well and links up brilliantly. He takes a month to give the ball away as often as Johnson.

But, King or Wesolowski you'd suddenly find any combination of Fryatt-Horsfield, Fryatt-Dodds, Horsfield-Dodds scoring goals because suddenly we'd pose some genuine threat acorss the whole of our midfield without sacrificing defensive workrate.

For pity's sake send the idea to Kelly. At least he'd know then how to put right what's going wrong.

Fez, that's a pretty imaginative midfield.

I like the balance and it's along exactly the lines our forwards need.

If I thought Wesolowski was genuinely fit it would be a close thing but I genuinely think andy King has more to offer right now and in so many ways.

King is fit, he scores far more goals, he scores header......................................................

sleeping_working.jpg

Horse seems to be getting plenty of votes for someone who`s ratings from the fans who saw him at Ipswich were usually 6 and below. Has he had that much of an effect?

I`d go for Fryatt and Todorov, after he signs on loan of course. :D

Archived