Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Strikers

We now have 6 strikers  

79 members have voted

1. 1. But which pair would you put up front?

• Fryatt & Hume
    • Fryatt & Hammond
    • Fryatt & Cadamarteri
    • Fryatt & Horsfield
    • Fryatt & Glombard
    • Hume & Hammond
    • Hume & Cadamarteri
    • Hume & Horsfield
    • Hume & Glombard
    • Hammond & Cadamarteri
    • Hammond & Horsfield
    • Hammond & Glombard
    • Cadamarteri & Horsfield
    • Cadamarteri & Glombard
    • Horsfield & Glombard

Not really sure which partnership because it depends on who they want to play with and who works as a team. Horsefield seems to work really hard which is great but two strikers (him and Hume) doing the same thing lacks a natural finisher.

Think it's good to have options though.

I'd probably at this moment in time prefer to play Horsfield and Fryatt, just to see how that would work out. We've seen Hume and Fryatt this season, and it hasn't been the most effective. We've also seen Hume and Horsfield, and whilst it has looked good, they haven't produced goals. Fryatt was starting to regain form, and the Horse is a powerhouse, so stick them in there and see how they do.

:o I was joking! :blink:

:laugh: so was I... :whistle::unsure:

Nah, honestly I'd go for that just for a couple of games, a la Hume and Horsfield. The Fryatt-Horsfield partnership can't be any worse than the Hume-Horsfield partnership at present, because the HH partnership hasn't produced any goals yet. ;)

Hume in midfield is the way forward, as long as we come up with something up front that will get us a goal once every six months.

We don't need Hume in midfield to provide energy anymore though, because we now have Jarrett there. ;)

I'm sure a goal every 6 months is do-able. Even Elvis scores more often than that. Fear not, we shall be fine even when rotating our strikers. :P

:blink:

We don't need Hume in midfield to provide energy anymore though, because we now have Jarrett there. ;)

I'm sure a goal every 6 months is do-able. Even Elvis scores more often than that. Fear not, we shall be fine even when rotating our strikers. :P

:blink:

Something like;

Porter -- Wesolowski -- Jarrett -- Hume

for me, if Fryatt and Horsfield could score enough goals to justify selection up front together. Plenty of energy and support to the attack in that midfield but also four players who will put in the effort defensively.

It's a winner.

Something like;

Porter -- Wesolowski -- Jarrett -- Hume

for me, if Fryatt and Horsfield could score enough goals to justify selection up front together. Plenty of energy and support to the attack in that midfield but also four players who will put in the effort defensively.

It's a winner.

Surely Fryatt and Horsfield will score more goals if the energetic midfield can provide enough creative influence for them? They're poachers, they don't make their own goals.

I agree in principal Fez, it'd be a fooking good midfield in theory, though I know for a fact it will not happen.

Reckon they could do a good enough defensive job though?

Surely Fryatt and Horsfield will score more goals if the energetic midfield can provide enough creative influence for them? They're poachers, they don't make their own goals.

I agree in principal Fez, it'd be a fooking good midfield in theory, though I know for a fact it will not happen.

Reckon they could do a good enough defensive job though?

Personally I do yeah, you've got two box-to-box central midfielders who will cover for each other when one goes forward and two attacking midfielders out wide who put 100% effort in and will track back until they can't stand up.

Of course it's all theoretical but at least there's a gameplan behind it, rather than using players like Johnson, Hughes and when he was here Williams, who don't/didn't really have set roles, play/played too deep and are/were midfielders who aren't/weren't effective either defensively or in an attacking sense, they are/were just there. And they are/were too slow as well.

What an awful sentence. :P

Personally I do yeah, you've got two box-to-box central midfielders who will cover for each other when one goes forward and two attacking midfielders out wide who put 100% effort in and will track back until they can't stand up.

Of course it's all theoretical but at least there's a gameplan behind it, rather than using players like Johnson, Hughes and when he was here Williams, who don't/didn't really have set roles, play/played too deep and are/were midfielders who aren't/weren't effective either defensively or in an attacking sense, they are/were just there. And they are/were too slow as well.

What an awful sentence. :P

I can appreciate all of that, even though that sentence was a complete mess! :P

As you say, it's all theoretical and highly unlikely to happen, especially whilst we have Johnson and Hughes here. Not quite sure how Hume would do on the left-wing to be honest, he normally prefers charging in from the right wing. Wesolowski doesn't have much attacking prowess either, and for that reason I think Kelly may be more inclined to play Hughes there.

I can appreciate all of that, even though that sentence was a complete mess! :P

As you say, it's all theoretical and highly unlikely to happen, especially whilst we have Johnson and Hughes here. Not quite sure how Hume would do on the left-wing to be honest, he normally prefers charging in from the right wing. Wesolowski doesn't have much attacking prowess either, and for that reason I think Kelly may be more inclined to play Hughes there.

I did mean Hume on the right.

I think Weso has looked really good once or twice charging forward. He set up a goal or two last season (remember one in particular at QPR that really kickstarted our revival) and with a bit more freedom he might look a better player. He certainly went on one or two good runs in the Villa Cup game and scored a pearler against Fulham.

Hopefully Johnson will be gone next season anyway.

neil warnock made a good point on motd about him having an abundance of strikers at sheff utd , he said that with the stiff competition for places they were more prepared to do as they were told and defend from the front (as ian rush used to so successfully) good point i thought....oh and ady boothroyd was class when he said " lets not get carried away with this........oh alright lets get carried away )

Archived