Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

"Chopper" comes up good

I see Len Chalmers' Cup final losers medal has been sold for £1,500 and wonder if the club has bought it?

Our Cup final right back "Chopper" Chalmers was a legend for exactly what his nickname suggests ... he had a big tackle and every winger in the division was destined to feel it.

At a time when referees were only likely to blow for the kick-off, goals, half-time and full-time, "Chopper" made every opponent shudder and a few young fans around the running track when his opponent or the ball was heading that way.

Lets hope he sees happier days again. He was a regular in one of Leicester's best ever sides and I remember that broken leg like yesterday.

I see Len Chalmers' Cup final medal has been sold for £1,500 and wonder if the club has bought it?

Our Cup final right back "Chopper" Chalmers was a legend for exactly what his nickname suggests ... he had a big tackle and every winger in the division was destined to feel it.

At a time when referees were only likely to blow for the kick-off, goals, half-time and full-time, "Chopper" made every opponent shudder and a few young fans around the running track when his opponent or the ball was heading that way.

Lets hope he sees happier days again. He was a regular in one of Leicester's best ever sides and I remember that broken leg like yesterday.

:)

Am I immature if that made me smile?

:ph34r:

I see Len Chalmers' Cup final losers medal has been sold for £1,500 and wonder if the club has bought it?

Indeed. My Grandpa had Alzheimer's disease too and it's not nice for everyone involved to see the gradual decline, let alone what it must be like for the person themself. It was pleasing to read that he can still remember footballing moments from years ago despite his illness.

:)

Am I immature if that made me smile?

:ph34r:

I think we are all a bunch of sniggering kids, even aged 34 like me lol. :D

As for Chopper, I know very little about him but for an ex-City legend to have to sell his medal for a pittance, I think its a disgrace.

Leicester City FC and its members should set up a fund like the jockeys have for retired horsemen or injured jockeys and have a Leicester City FC Heroes fund where they sell items (like the shirts on ebay at the moment), organise fund raisers and put the money in a pot and await an ex-Leicester player who has fallen on rough times to contact them and help them out.

The old boys didnt earn much money in the good old days and if they need help, Leicester Fc and us the supporters should help out. I for one would...

I think we are all a bunch of sniggering kids, even aged 34 like me lol. :D

As for Chopper, I know very little about him but for an ex-City legend to have to sell his medal for a pittance, I think its a disgrace.

Leicester City FC and its members should set up a fund like the jockeys have for retired horsemen or injured jockeys and have a Leicester City FC Heroes fund where they sell items (like the shirts on ebay at the moment), organise fund raisers and put the money in a pot and await an ex-Leicester player who has fallen on rough times to contact them and help them out.

The old boys didnt earn much money in the good old days and if they need help, Leicester Fc and us the supporters should help out. I for one would...

Better still, it'd be nice to think that some of the players who the Club made millionaires in the last decade might like to get involved. Particularly those who were paid as much as £30,000 per week whilst they recuperated from their injuries

Archived