Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

FAO Teeno or other Away goers

I originally posted this for BF on the OS but Tom said it was the stuff you were made for so....

Be Seen On The Screen

Sky One are urging Leicester City supporters to take part in an observational series looking into the trials and tribulations of being an away fan.

"Football Away Trips" is a brand new series looking into the passion and dedication it takes to follow your team on the road.

This series will reveal all to the uninitiated, exposing a world full of mysterious pleasures and compulsions.

By following fans on their regular pilgrimages across the country, it will unveil the true story of a British obsession - full of comedy, madness and warmth.

Sky One are searching for people to help them portray this great, but largely unseen obsession and are keen to hear from Foxes fans.

Filming starts at the end of this month until late March 2005 and the producers want to know what away trips you have planned?

Are you missing your anniversary to watch your team or maybe you are taking your partner with you for the first time to show them what all the fuss is about?

Are you going to a ground you've never been to before, or possibly returning to a ground with special memories?

Whatever your story, they want to hear from you!

To get in touch, call 0870 881 0865 or email [email protected]

I originally posted this for BF on the OS but Tom said it was the stuff you were made for so....

Be Seen On The Screen

Sky One are urging Leicester City supporters to take part in an observational series looking into the trials and tribulations of being an away fan.

"Football Away Trips" is a brand new series looking into the passion and dedication it takes to follow your team on the road.

This series will reveal all to the uninitiated, exposing a world full of mysterious pleasures and compulsions.

By following fans on their regular pilgrimages across the country, it will unveil the true story of a British obsession - full of comedy, madness and warmth.

Sky One are searching for people to help them portray this great, but largely unseen obsession and are keen to hear from Foxes fans.

Filming starts at the end of this month until late March 2005 and the producers want to know what away trips you have planned?

Are you missing your anniversary to watch your team or maybe you are taking your partner with you for the first time to show them what all the fuss is about?

Are you going to a ground you've never been to before, or possibly returning to a ground with special memories?

Whatever your story, they want to hear from you!

To get in touch, call 0870 881 0865 or email [email protected]

56355[/snapback]

hehe nice one matt!! im sure we'd rather see a pissed up teeno singing songs than a BF sitting down moaning about the team on tv aye :P:smile::wave:

Hello My name is Matt Keightley, I am 15 years old and I am a fanatical fan of Leicester City FC. I read about your programme on the clubs official site.

I am 16 next month and I'm currently in my last year of school, taking my GCSE's in May. I am addicted to football and was a regular at Filbert street in my early childhood. My dad is a fan aswell but isn't as fanatical. As I have got older and since the move to our new stadium My hunger for football has became uncontrolable.

I live 20 miles away from Leicester in a place called Melton where it has a mixed population of Leicester and Nottingham Forest fans allthough the majority are what I call Glory fans.

It's hard to find people who are as fanatical as me but in the last year I have joined a few message boards on the net and realised there were others like me. So we decided to meet up and over time the group has grew to over 20 regulars, who all meet before games and sit together at games.This gave me the oppertunity to meet people who I could start going away games with.

With a hectic school live, busy social life and love for Sport, I am not able to get a part time job to pay for my away trips. I have 40 quid a month of my mum and any other money from occasionly working for my dad in school holliday's. Every penny I earn will get pumped into football and spending money at games.I fell so passionatly about my club and a bad result or a key player getting injured would put me in a bad mood for the rest of the week.

I have been to 27 out of 30 games this season, most of which have been with my mates Mark and Ash who I meet on a internet message board, they are 20 and 18 respectivly, and are people who share my passion. Part of the great footballing experience for me is the great excitment and banter in the stands. I have to be sitting with the main vocal support and normally standing at the back.

I love evrything about football, the excitment of the beautiful game, the buzz, the atmosphere, the smell of pies, and the banter. My seat at The Walkers is right at the back seats away from the away game. For the majority of the game we will be taunting the away end with songs. I'm not a violent person and don't do holliganism but when I'm on the terraces I fell like I'm representing my county, my city, but most of all my club.

Sometimes losing the battle of being the most vocal on the stands is as upsetting as losing on the pitch. This is why for me I love to go and watch City away. At a home game at the Walkers you get a lot people there who don't give two hoots about the club, where as at away games 99% of the people there are the loyalist of loyal fans who attend most games.

Since I have been going away regularly you start the recognise the regulars, and there is a great little community where everyone knows everyone. The majority of fans that travel will sing aswell which is what I love. When there is only 2000 of you and 20,000 of them then you are the underdogs, but We will never stop singing and supporting the team.

I class myself as a loyal fan of the club. I gave up all my pocket money when we were in financial difficulties, and I'm in constant debt, scabbing money to go games. There have been plenty of times where I've missed busses and trains and been stranded In Leicester not able to get home.

I would really like to contribute to your show. I have done a lot of radio before for fans interviews and all that but never TV. I've not even started to recall memories of great trips I have had and the places I have been to. But if I did it would go on forever.

I am hoping to get to ever game till the end of the season now. I am most looking foward to Stoke away on the 22nd of Feb (my birthday) My girlfriend will be coming to her first ever game, and it is also a very interesting game as the last 4 times City have played on this date we have scored 4 goals.

Thank you very much Matt.

FAO TEENO:

Did you get any reply to your e-mail? BF got a reply.

57590[/snapback]

Yea she told me today.

I aint got one mate, but if I don't get one I'll get me fame with bf lol

57829[/snapback]

You media whore, you!

Good luck mate, be interested to see if you get picked.

I think I saw you at Elland Rd, standing up and singing, encouraging all of us to get singing, nice one.

57879[/snapback]

Teeno

That was right from the heart mate. The club needs more like you.

Top stuff.

I think I saw you at Elland Rd, standing up and singing, encouraging all of us to get singing, nice one.

57879[/snapback]

Teeno

Top stuff.

57921[/snapback]

Cheers mate, I'm touched. That probably was me, you see the steward taking me out aswell lol, he took me into the concourse and threaten to chuck me out cos I made obsence gestures at Neil Sullivan :huh:

BTW They replied and have asked for my number so I'm expecting a phone call soon.

• 2 months later...

57879[/snapback]

Teeno

Top stuff.

57921[/snapback]

Cheers mate, I'm touched. That probably was me, you see the steward taking me out aswell lol, he took me into the concourse and threaten to chuck me out cos I made obsence gestures at Neil Sullivan :huh:

BTW They replied and have asked for my number so I'm expecting a phone call soon.

58835[/snapback]

anything ever come of this mate?

Archived