Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Michael Doyle

DOYLE ON HIS WAY OUT

Midfielder Michael Doyle will leave Coventry in the summer after blasting them for ''sweeping under the carpet'' a training ground bust-up that left him needing false teeth.

Doyle was involved in an incident with skipper Robert Page which left the Welshman's hand in a cast and knocked three of the Irishman's teeth out, but neither player has been punished.

Sky Blues have now agreed to sell £500,000 Doyle at the end of the season, with Sheffield United, Birmingham, Leicester and Norwich all showing an interest.

Doyle said: '' The club have not dealt with the problem. They didn't back me and that is very hard to accept.''

No links, just noticed it in the Daily Mirror :thumbup:

Sheffield United, Birmingham City, Leicester City and Norwich City are all believed to be keen on want-away Coventry ace Michael Doyle.

The Irish international has made up his mind to leave the Ricoh Arena in the summer after being disillusioned with the club in the aftermath of the training ground bust-up with skipper Robert Page.

The 25-year-old has made his peace with Page, who, he revealed, has apologised, but feels a sense of injustice about Coventry's handling of the situation - and could now go for a fee of £500,000 in the summer.

"They didn't back me and it is very hard to accept that," said Doyle, who signed a new contact extension last year.

"I didn't want anyone sacked, I didn't want the police involved or anything like that but at the same time I don't think it's right that it just gets brushed under the carpet or for the club to hope that everyone forgets about it.

http://www.clubcall.com/index.jsp?storyID=309579

Sheffield United, Birmingham City, Leicester City and Norwich City are all believed to be keen on want-away Coventry ace Michael Doyle.

The Irish international has made up his mind to leave the Ricoh Arena in the summer after being disillusioned with the club in the aftermath of the training ground bust-up with skipper Robert Page.

The 25-year-old has made his peace with Page, who, he revealed, has apologised, but feels a sense of injustice about Coventry's handling of the situation - and could now go for a fee of £500,000 in the summer.

"They didn't back me and it is very hard to accept that," said Doyle, who signed a new contact extension last year.

"I didn't want anyone sacked, I didn't want the police involved or anything like that but at the same time I don't think it's right that it just gets brushed under the carpet or for the club to hope that everyone forgets about it.

http://www.clubcall.com/index.jsp?storyID=309579

He also doesn't travel today with the squad to play us.

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/loa...W&id=324963

He is OK but thats just about it.

As for the incident itself there have been rumours for years of punch-ups and all sorts on the training ground between players of the same club. My fav clip was big fat John Hartson booting Eyal Berkovic in the head for whatver daft reason when both were at West Ham. Check it out

ahhhhhhh, so that would explain why the cov fans were booing page and chanting for doyle

me too , me mate said page is having a absolute mare but bit harsh to boo him lol

Archived