Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Yeates

Anyone is better than Hughes, why do you still persist with him RK?

rubbish!

hughes may not be the best player at the club but at the moment he has a better all round game than any other option we have on the right side of midfield. it is a case of horses for courses. yesterday we were playing a team in good form which had taken 19 from their last 21 points! they have creative players all over the pitch. we on the other hand are still struggling at the wrong end of the table still needing every point we can get. so yesterday we needed to narrow the play and try and stop them playing which we did.

hughes is simply better at that than yeates who although ok going forward and undoubtedly quite skillful is hopeless in defense and is also inexperienced.

to say that anyone is better than hughes just shows a rather naive understanding of the game. it could also be argued that the player opposite hughes had to be withdrawn by mowbray as he had been innefective for much of the game. this player is Koumas who many on this forum would quite like to see playing for us and who is without doubt a quality player in this league.

against weaker opposition i would start with yeates but we could have started with him yesterday and played expansiv attacking football and probably ended up losing by 2 or 3 goals as we simply at present do not have the players good enough to play that way.

unless he improves then i hope we can do better than yeates and hughes over the summer.

I see what you're saying, in that playing Hughes on the right tightened things up, but it's no coincidence that we had the better of the second half, which Yeates played most of. He might be a good all-round player (his last CM performance was dire, mind) but he is not a good right winger. Drifts in way too much. Never had an outlet on the right.

I see what you're saying, in that playing Hughes on the right tightened things up, but it's no coincidence that we had the better of the second half, which Yeates played most of. He might be a good all-round player (his last CM performance was dire, mind) but he is not a good right winger. Drifts in way too much. Never had an outlet on the right.

I have to disagree with that, Yeates came on in the 76th minute, hardly most of the second half and had a minimal impact with WBA overrunning us in the last 10 to 15 minutes as Johnson and Jarrett visibly tired.

Whether you disagree or not with RK's tactic of using Hughes you cannot criticise the guy for drifting in as that is exactly the reason he is the team. It was RK's decision to sacrifice width for additional bodies in the middle!!

I have to disagree with that, Yeates came on in the 76th minute, hardly most of the second half and had a minimal impact with WBA overrunning us in the last 10 to 15 minutes as Johnson and Jarrett visibly tired.

Whether you disagree or not with RK's tactic of using Hughes you cannot criticise the guy for drifting in as that is exactly the reason he is the team. It was RK's decision to sacrifice width for additional bodies in the middle!!

Ah, thought it was much earlier than that. Ignore me then.

Hughes was still crap though. :/

i think he just thinks hes above championship football, when he should be using his time at city to gain first team experience but when he comes on he just hogs the ball and doessnt pass because he thinks he can skin everyone but news flash yeatesy you couldnt beat an egg :thumbup:

Tottenham's Yeates wants Leicester stay

tribalfooball.com - February 25, 2007

Tottenham midfielder Mark Yeates is ready to sign permanently with Leicester City in a £1 million deal.

Winger Yeates has 12 months of his existing deal to run at White Hart Lane, but is currently on loan at the Walkers Stadium for the rest of the season.

He had planned to go back to Tottenham in the summer and make a determined bid to break into Jol's side - but now wants to be part of the Milan Mandaric revolution.

"I have been really impressed since I came to the club and I have been made to feel really welcome," said Yeates.

"I have another year left on my contract at Spurs, but I want to be playing regularly and these are exciting times at Leicester."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=30121

£1 MILLION :o

Archived