Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Craig

COME ON TIM!

BBC1 now for all you tennis lovers :thumbup:

57451[/snapback]

i wont watch, after years of refusing to get excited by his near misses at wimbledon, last year I thought he 'might do it' but then true to form; knocked out by a nobody. how very british of you tim :rolleyes:

He'll never win anything major. He simply doesn't have the power or aggression to overcome top class opponents. While he may be one of the most skillful players in the world, it simply isn't enough...

shocking stuff :( - it's no excuse but players just seem to rise to tim and play some great stuff

but if he was a great player he would raise his game above that. It's a shame, he's never really been good enough to win major slams but the media hype him up so much that the expectation soon turns into insults

how long has he been ranked in the top 10? i couldn't tell you but its a long time! he has been a very consistent player over the years, not successful, but world class. Unfortunately he doesn't seem destined to win. Wimbledon this year will be his last chance but i think personally with the players like federer hewitt and roddick playing he hasn't much hope.

shocking stuff :( - it's no excuse but players just seem to rise to tim and play some great stuff

but if he was a great player he would raise his game above that. It's a shame, he's never really been good enough to win major slams but the media hype him up so much that the expectation soon turns into insults

how long has he been ranked in the top 10? i couldn't tell you but its a long time! he has been a very consistent player over the years, not successful, but world class. Unfortunately he doesn't seem destined to win. Wimbledon this year will be his last chance but i think personally with the players like federer hewitt and roddick playing he hasn't much hope.

57653[/snapback]

Well the question to ask is: "Has he given up a long time ago?"

He doesn't have the belief after the near-misses he's had before. He's getting too old now anyway, and he started too late working on decent backline play. His force was without a doubt his volleying, but I've never felt that his serve has been anywhere as good as it needs to be for a player of his size. And quite frankly, the serve is THE most important part for tall players.

Having said that, he's a class player and a nice chap too...but he won't ever win that major...

57653[/snapback]

Well the question to ask is: "Has he given up a long time ago?"

He doesn't have the belief after the near-misses he's had before. He's getting too old now anyway, and he started too late working on decent backline play. His force was without a doubt his volleying, but I've never felt that his serve has been anywhere as good as it needs to be for a player of his size. And quite frankly, the serve is THE most important part for tall players.

Having said that, he's a class player and a nice chap too...but he won't ever win that major...

57679[/snapback]

agreed, very good point

apparently he didn't really like a coach to tell him how to improve, complacency?

then he got his current coach who has got him sorting out his back hand (you know the girly slice into an attacking shot) but as you say, too little too late

in this day and age the game has new players coming through the ranks every year so its really hard to see him achieve anything now, unfortunate really

Archived