Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bryn

"I could do better..."

So go on then. I want your starting 11, your subs and tactics at for the team now, who you'd ship out and bring in in the summer, as well as any miscellaneous decisions you'd make.

Team

GK: Hendo

RB: Maybury - Get down the flanks, support the attack

LB: Nils - Get down the flanks, support the attack

CB: Kisnorbo

CB: McAuley

MR: Yeates - Key, should be looking to get into space on the wing and deliver the crosses. Not necessarily needed to go past men, I liked it against West Brom when Hume picked up the ball deep, drove forward and played to diagonal pass to Porter. Stuff like that.

ML: Porter - Key, should be looking to get into space on the wing and deliver the crosses. Not necessarily needed to go past men, I liked it against West Brom when Hume picked up the ball deep, drove forward and played to diagonal pass to Porter. Stuff like that.

DMC: Johnson - Holding midfielder, should be looking to get the ball to Hume or the wingers

AMC: Hume - Should be looking to move forward at defenders

ST: Horsfield - Hold up the ball for the others, anything else is a bonus

ST: Fryatt if fit, if not Hammond - Fryatt as a poacher, Hammond.... pretty much runs around like a headless chicken, but somewhat effectively, not so much scoring as "causing" goals by accident.

Subs

Logan

Fryatt/Hammond

Stearman

Jarrett

Cadamarteri

Outs

Jarrett (No contract offer)

Nils Eric Johansson (Possible, because he probably won't renew his contract)

Logan (Loan. Promising keeper, needs some first team experience)

Cadamarteri (No contract offer)

Hughes (Not good enough)

Johnson (If we can get a better DMC in)

Yeates (Not sure he's got the right attitude to be honest. If we get a real motivator in as manager, keep him on and see if we can work something out of him, as he's quite talented)

Any of the other deadwoods we've got.

Ins - Players in every position that are better than what we've already good. Left back, centre midfield and up front will probably need shoring up. A goalscorer is needed, and a back up keeper if Logan goes out on loan.

I know it sounds a bit poncey but I'd like us to play a 4-2-3-1 because in Porter and Hume we have players who suit a role in between the midfield and attack. The two defensive midfielders would be Johnson and Wesolowski from the current staff but ideally we'd get a new player or two in that position. Then a proper targetman with more pace and more of a goal threat than Horsfield possesses. Porter wide left, Hume in the middle and a new player wide right. Would be fairly happy with Hendo and the defence on current form. We badly need better quality in midfield.

Is it just me or have some people been playing a little too much Football Manager 2007... :whistle:

He He

I see where your coming from on that.

Personally I'd ike to stay as a 4-4-2 and with our millions I'd like to watch the following team next season:

GK: Buffon

LB: A Cole

RB: Zambrotta

CB: Cannavarro

CB: Terry

LM: Ronaldinio

RM: Kaka

CM: Pirlo

CM: Gerrard

ST: Henry

ST: Ibrahimiovic

S1: Cassilias

S2: Gallas

S3: Ronaldo

S4: Rooney

S5: Gattuso

Ship the current squad out becuase we don't rate them highly enough and all believe that none of them are capable players for the Premier league.

Okay silly pointsd aside now.

We don't need to make wholesale changed to our squad.

Stay with Rob Kelly.

Stay with the current squad, add a bit more experience.

:ph34r:

He He

I see where your coming from on that.

Personally I'd ike to stay as a 4-4-2 and with our millions I'd like to watch the following team next season:

GK: Buffon

LB: A Cole

RB: Zambrotta

CB: Cannavarro

CB: Terry

LM: Ronaldinio

RM: Kaka

CM: Pirlo

CM: Gerrard

ST: Henry

ST: Ibrahimiovic

S1: Cassilias

S2: Gallas

S3: Ronaldo

S4: Rooney

S5: Gattuso

Ship the current squad out becuase we don't rate them highly enough and all believe that none of them are capable players for the Premier league.

Okay silly pointsd aside now.

We don't need to make wholesale changed to our squad.

Stay with Rob Kelly.

Stay with the current squad, add a bit more experience.

:ph34r:

Dont be so ridiculous

Buffon out for Casillas

Pirlo out for Gattusso :P

Its much easier to manage from your sofa at home lol.

Players sold or released - Douglas, Kenton. McCarthy, Johnson, Cadamateri, Hammond

Loan deals all cancelled

In - Billy Sharp (Sc**thorpe) about £2m.I cant see him staying beyond this season regardless of whether they get promoted, Billy Jones (Crewe) for about £500k. Bosman but will have to pay a fee, may go to tribunal. He has already said he is going but premier clubs interested, Jason Roberts (Blackburn) for about £750k. Still 29yo and a good mobile target man (unlike the Horse). Has slipped way down the pecking order with the emergence of Derbyshire and form of loanee Nonda who they look like signing on a perment deal. Todrov from Pompey for about £300k and bring with him his team mate Linvoy Primus. Lee Hendrie from Villa for about £750k. Quiton Fortune from Bolton for pennies. Hardly featured but would give us options at left-back and left-mid. I`d also raid some clubs like Arsenal for quality loanees like Diaby, Alliadiare and Song. I dont give a monkies on how many loanees we get as it would just be as a short term measure for promotion.

Kevin Keegan to replace RK. In an ideal world we would keep him as a coach but I cant see that happening.

I`d also try some of teh academy players and send some loanees back BTW!

I dont ask for much. :D

If we send Logan on loan you do realise that means Rab Douglas is back up ?

No he wouldn't... I'm pretty sure I said "ship out the deadwood" (ie Douglas) and bring in a backup keeper, so Logan could go out on loan.

Archived