Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
loverofinsanefox

Southend Goals

It's weird how Yeates pushes Hammond after Hume scores the second. I noticed that at the time despite being in the process of going absolutely mental.

I'm sure it's just hi-jinks. Kidz.

I just noticed that too.

God knows what was going on there- I hope it was just having a laugh!

Great delivery from Porter and top notch header from Hume for the first goal.

Henderson maybe shouldn't of been beaten at his near post for the equaliser.

Not sure why Yeates pushes Hammond after we scored our second though. :blink::P

It looks as if it takes a bobble just before henderson gets to it for Eastwoods goal, or perhaps henderson got a slight touch.

I love hume's jig of delight after he bags his second.

I just noticed that too.

God knows what was going on there- I hope it was just having a laugh!

I think they were. Looks like Hammond smiles after he's done it. :dunno:

Sloppy defending for the second. Hume took his header very well indeed, shame about the rest of his chances. :rolleyes:

It didn't show his miss did it :( . Or the Maybury injury if it's serious they tend not to show it though which is fair.

Henderson 7 - tremendous save in the opening minutes...though beaten at near post by Eastwood's shot

Stearman 6 - put on his arse by Eastwood for his goal

McAuley 7 - solid

Kisnorbo 7 - solid

Maybury 6 - did okay

Hughes 5 - Tried hard but ineffective

Johnson 2 - Fat, old, slow, needs to shut his mouth, learn how to pass to a team-mate and get a haircut...NOT FIT TO WEAR THE SHIRT

Jarret 4 - Only thing of note was the run that brought the sending off...otherwise not good enough.

Porter 6 - Bright first half, a real danger...faded badly in the 2nd

Hume 8 - Could/should have scored 4 but good to see him finally get back in the goals

Horsfield 5 - Offered little threat

Subs:

Hammond 6 - Immediately gave us more threat when he came on, for once didnt panic when through and put it on plate for Hume.

Yeates 5 - Is he the new Ryan Smith?

Danny C 4 - On too late to make a difference

Sloppy defending for the second. Hume took his header very well indeed, shame about the rest of his chances. :rolleyes:

I think that's the first header Hume has scored for us (correct me I'm wrong, which makes the rest of what I say irrelevant), despite his ability to win the ball in the air.

Although saying that, the aerial battles he does win doesn't lead to much.

Oh well, he's only small, so we shouldn't expect too much of him.

Our defending wasn't up to much at times yesterday and the creativity/attacking threat Southend possess was evident throughout, especially in the second half. The second goal was awful to concede - miserable defending indeed and it shouldn't have happened (Maybury's bad-looking injury may have played a part I guess but it happens...). Saying that, Henderson is solely at fault for their first as well - what was he playing at? Should have saved it. Hume took his header very well, but his overall performance wasn't great. Far from his normal standard.

Awful defending for the second. :nono:

Still... when you change the back four too much, you're always begging for trouble. :ph34r:

Indeed you are. Though we were forced into a change this weekend and it couldn't have been helped what with Nisse being suspended. Though I'm sure come Saturday against Palace, we'll have Nisse back in, with McAuley and Kisnorbo in the middle and Stears (yeah, the one who promised so much and hasn't delivered this season) on the right.

Archived