Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

fao davieG

I'n not davieG, but Milan had to wait 3 weeks until he could be confirmed as the Chairman I think. Something to do with the market. Not 100% though.

forgot about that.

thought he might of had it down as his sweepstake day or something lol

It's the day he walks into the office naked and starts to bitch-slap everyone.

...err, Milan that is, not davieG. Of course, davieG may like to wander around naked bitch-slapping people up if he cares too and more power to his elbow if he does.

Damn I left my web cam on.

I read somewhere that was the day he officially becomes the Chairmen - but I could be wrong :dunno: Actually on reflection it might have been the 13th. as the EGM is on the 9th.

Oh FI I don't know now, did we play a game yesterday?

He can be multiple people at once? :ph34r:

Is there nothing the man can't do? :smile:

The date's not all that important... it's the :D :D :D :D bit that counts. ;)

Friday it is then :D Today's Mercury

Milan Mandaric will challenge Leicester City to "stay the course" with him when he officially becomes the club's new owner this week. iain_hume050307.gif

After more than a few false starts, he will finally be ensconced as executive chairman on Friday.

And Mandaric, who watched City draw 2-2 against Southend at Roots Hall on Saturday, cannot wait to begin his job of restoring City to their former top-flight status within three years.

He said: "I was excited about this a few weeks ago when the shareholders accepted my offer, and now I am even more excited.

"In the short time I have been here, I have learned more about the club, the people and the fans. What is ahead of us is very challenging, but the possibilities are huge.

"I want to get my vision through to everyone and hope that they can stay the course with me. I am aware of the huge desire here - not just on the field but in the community as a whole - for us to be a success, and I want to raise the profile of the club as well."

It was no coincidence that, once his arrival was firmly on the cards, City's fortunes on the field improved. They are now on a six-game unbeaten run, moving ever clearer of the relegation threat that was hanging over them not too long ago.

Mandaric said: "Both eyes are now on the end of the season. The attitude and spirit of the players makes it look as if we are going to stay up, and really we are playing towards the summer.

"That is the time we can do a lot and I am very clear on the direction I want us to take."

Since the takeover became a reality, City have established themselves in mid-table and are eyeing the top-half now.

It is all very different from a few months ago and, from Friday onwards, when Mandaric's reign really kicks in, the benefits will become clearer.

Archived