Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

What's been your moment of the season so far?

Guest Gist

villa, fulham at home,cov at home, Southampton,

all great games :thumbup:

Of course, I forgot about Southampton. Hume's goals that day were brilliant.

defo the Villa game, and the two Fulham ties, although the memory of Hendo's penalty save was tarnished forever by Sam (aka leonisco) who was practically bear hugging me, and i quote him now 'if i didn't have a gf i'd kiss you'

i think he was joking though.....

I have some great memories from a particularly dour season to be honest. Obviously being one of the people involved with the setting up of the Ultras type group in N Block, getting the club to agree to it, seeing the turnout there for the trial period and hearing the comments of people who have sat there has pleased me immensely - I fookin loved it to tell you the truth.

Then there is the whole Milan Mandaric saga. As annoying as it was because of the delays, complications, the speculation and the confusion as to when it would go through, it was brilliant. The whole lot. He's here, we have the capability and contacts to bring in players, we'll be able to compete once again and the future looks brighter than it has done in a while.

In terms of games, there are the 4 mentioned most consistently in this thread that stand out most to me:

Aston Villa in the cup. What a special night that was. 1-0 down after 5 minutes thinking we were gona take a hammering. Then all aboard the rollercoaster!! We were never out of the game, matched Villa across the pitch and the lads ran themselves dead that night. I was proud of all of them (except Josh Low who I shall never forgive for his last minute cockup. :angry: ) High points for me from that game were the equaliser from Kisnorbo, Hendos penalty save, the

throughout the game and standing up with the whole Kop applauding the lads and singing after Villas last minute winner even though their fans were going absolutely mental at the other end. Spine tingling stuff and I will never forget the emotion I felt at that moment on the night. Magical.

Fulham at home also in the cup. I remember us being very much in the game and getting the better of Fulham throughout. We were all suprised by the amount of Fulham fans in attendance I think! They even outsung us at 1 point. Some muppets tried to get a Mexican Wave going at 0-0, Berty went absolutely mental at them, we started laughing, turned round and Fulham had scored! Still, we weren't to be denied - enter cult hero Danny Cadamarteri! The song was born, and we were all on our way to the Cottage.

At the cottage in the cup. Absolutely awful Fulham fans. Our fans were fookin awesome. One of the best atmospheres I have had the pleasure to experience. Fookin fantastic away day that was. We deserved to be ahead in the first half - loved celebrating the first two goals we'd scored! Came back out for the second half, and, as Fez said, the moment Weso struck that ball from the edge of the box I knew we were 3-1 up. Crisp, clean, powerful strike always destined for the top corner. Bruised shins? Try skin taken off them and bruising on the bone!! I can't remember celebrating many goals more wildly than that one. Makes hairs stand on end watching or even thinking about that again. Obviously, it wasn't to be and we went on to lose a game we should never have lost, but it was brilliant entertainment from start to finish and one of the best days out you could hope to have had.

Cov at home not long ago. The first game where the N Block was open to us. Walking in and seeing people in there starting songs over half an hour before kickoff. Then taking the drum up and seeing people take a shine to it. Standing and watching it fill up infront of me. Milan being unveiled to the stadium for the first time. Outsinging and laughing at the Cov fans throughout. Absolutely running away with it in the first half an hour chanting "we want 4, we want 4". A clean sheet, being hit by a 2p coin which had been thrown at me and seeing the away end start emptying after 65 minutes! Class!!

Archived