Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Geo V

Which of the loanees should we keep? If any?

First attempt at thread with a poll. If I mess up please delete and except my apologies!

None for me. They have done well for us but I want better class players at the club next season. I would accept more loanees next season but I would want better class players in like one or two of Arsenals quality kids!

Personally, I would not keep any, certainly not Horsfield who is now saying he wants to join permanently with the MM deal. We can do much better.

Agree, Horsfield will be useful as a target man till the end of the season, but if we have any ambition we need to spend some decent money on someone much better.

Same applies to Jarrett, really. I think he's done well and really made a difference to the team, but once again, we need better than him if we're going to get to the Premiership.

Yeates has looked good in patches, but needs to work on playing well for the full 90 minutes. I think we should see how he does between now and the end of the season before we make a decision.

I know I've already posted but I may as well express my disappointment. To be fair Horsfield has performed exactly how I thought he would, slow and cumbersone. I am most disappointed with Jarrett, whatever people may say I think he has very little as far as attacking quality from centre midfield is concerned.

Guest Gist

I know I've already posted but I may as well express my disappointment. To be fair Horsfield has performed exactly how I thought he would, slow and cumbersone. I am most disappointed with Jarrett, whatever people may say I think he has very little as far as attacking quality from centre midfield is concerned.

You're right, he hasn't done much attacking or supporting attacks or even had many shots.

Sort of, he's scored two goals though which two more than I thought he'd score.

I haven't seen Newton so won't suggest him. But as for the other loan signings - we could do better in the summer in my opinion. Fact. Horsfield offers something different yes - but we could bring in somebody younger and better than him who can do the same job. Yeates is hit and miss, and doesn't really have a final ball, so I wouldn't keep him anyway. A bit like Ryan Smith, but less direct tbh. Jarrett - impressed me with his first game, but it turned out to be false hope. Has bags of energy but would be no more than a squad player. And we could get in better squad players.

Well it's difficult to judge at this point because we don't really know yet who we’ll be capable of signing in summer. But at the moment I would say keep both Horsefield & Jarrett

Ditto, because Jarret has a high work rate and seems to be working well with AJ and Horsfield is a big, strong guy up front who has more attributes than MDV :D

If Yeates can get his ask together then he will be quality in this division :thumbup:

I reckon I'd keep Yeates... he could be useful in the future.

Horse is good for now, but as everyone here has said, we can get better for next season with the same amount of experience and with money.

The others are good depth but not much else... however as I said in the other thread, they are serving their purpose for now... but they aren't going to be as useful as others next season.

Archived