Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_fan

Shaun Newton

There's such a load of hype built up over the right wing position that a lot of our fans are expecting miracles. I thought he had a good solid debut considering lack of match fitness. Rarely surrendered possession and wanted to play Hume in wherever possible. Hope he builds on this against QPR.

I think it's because we have all been fed up with the likes of Gillespie, Sylla and Low cocking up there so we all desperately cling onto the hope that the next import is hugely better.

I personally agree with yourself and like you stated, rarely put a foot wrong as passing is concerned and always looked to play positive football :thumbup:

I thought he was neat and tidy. Still has a bit of pace and got a few good balls in to the box. The best option we've had on the right this season, which isn't hard given what we've had to put up with.

I'd agree with that. He'd be my first choice for the right wing at then moment.

Im at the stage where I am not bothered who we sign on short term deals unless we have plans on making the signing permanent. Potentially Newton would be available in the summer in a deal so maybe there is a little bit of sense in this loan deal as it could end up becoming permanent but the likes of Yeates and Horsfield dont seem to be playing to win a contract with us. Actually, maybe they are but are just shite??

Hope he builds on this against QPR.

As do I. As long as he doesn't turn out to be just like Cadamarteri or Yeates than I will be pleased - both of the mentioned players looked good in their respective first games for us, but haven't quite had the chances (Danny C) or looked the same (Yeates) since. Newton seems to have more pace than the pair of them, and has more of a willingness to play the killer ball earlier than the mentioned players. I hope he shows why he was a Premiership player.

Yet another negative Barton post.

I'm going to keep on at you until you start a positive thread for once in your life

Just you wait until Kelly is sacked.

Archived