Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_fan

Shaun Newton

i was quite impressed by him, he didnt give up, chased things down, has a fair bit of pace. not afraid to take players on or take it into the area himself, he made a difference to midfield last night, was 100x better than it was on saturday.

I thought he looked decent. The through ball he played to Levi when he was given offside (he never was) in the second half was really nice as well as a few other quality passes and touches. I think if he gets in the game more he'd be really good for us. He seems to have the kind of movement and eye for a pass that we need to create more chances, rather than just kicking it as high up in the air as possible and hoping something will happen. I noticed that a lot last night from certain parties too.

He was our best player. Try analysing the whole team, they were all average at best yesterday and gave the ball away. He's got a good touch, a few players like Maybury and Levi need to be more on their toes as Newtons only fault was that he expected other players ability to better than it was, his mind is quicker as is to be expected playing in the Prem.

Shaun Newton, The new Andy Impey only not so good. :dunno:

That's frightening. If he's worse than Andy Impey then we should all pack up and go home. Impey was one of the worst players to ever wear the Leicester shirt in recent times, although there are more and more challenging him for that these days. He was utter garbage and if Newton is that bad then **** him off before he's even started.

He was our best player. Try analysing the whole team, they were all average at best yesterday and gave the ball away. He's got a good touch, a few players like Maybury and Levi need to be more on their toes as Newtons only fault was that he expected other players ability to better than it was, his mind is quicker as is to be expected playing in the Prem.

I wouldn't say he was our best player. I think he had one speculative shot, didn't score, didn't create a goal and was out of the game, particularly first half for fairly lengthy spells.

Hume, McAuley and Porter had most effect and most involvement in a match where everyone made mistakes and was below their best.

At last we've got a decent right-winger. I thought he looked pretty good, he ran at their full-back and, as most people have said, was always looking to play balls into Hume and Elvis behind their defence.

I think he could turn out to be a very good signing. :)

He seemed decent yesterday. Quiet in the first half but looked quite good in the second. It'll be interesting to see how he does if he continues in the starting lineup, as Cadamarteri and Yeates both looked good on debut but have fizzled out since.

I thought he was neat and tidy. Still has a bit of pace and got a few good balls in to the box. The best option we've had on the right this season, which isn't hard given what we've had to put up with.

I was very impressed actually. Didn't really have a clue what to expect beforehand so I was pleasantly surprised. He's pacey, can take players on and get a cross in. What more can you ask for?

A very good debut in my opinion. He's what we've been lacking for so long.

So, previously we were all blaming the midfield for the inadequacies of the squad now it's Maybury's fault :blink:

Thanks for clearing that one up :cry::unsure:;)

Thats not what I am saying, there seems to be a misinterpretation. I was just responding to your comment about Newton's average performance and how for a premier player is disappointing. He could have more impact if he received the ball at feet which Maybury didn't provide him unlike with Nisse and Levi who have a reasonable understanding. The midfield is crap, always has been this season and will continue to be, but I saw promising signs with Newton and if he is provided with decent balls, then we could have a good signing.

Thats not what I am saying, there seems to be a misinterpretation. I was just responding to your comment about Newton's average performance and how for a premier player is disappointing. He could have more impact if he received the ball at feet which Maybury didn't provide him unlike with Nisse and Levi who have a reasonable understanding. The midfield is crap, always has been this season and will continue to be, but I saw promising signs with Newton and if he is provided with decent balls, then we could have a good signing.

:thumbup: Didn't go to the match myself and maybe he did need the game but he was anonymous on the radio-let's hope he gets it together for the rest of the season.

:thumbup: Didn't go to the match myself and maybe he did need the game but he was anonymous on the radio-let's hope he gets it together for the rest of the season.

To be fair he was never in the thick of the action but I personally saw enough to suggest that he is the best right-wing option we will have until next season.

There's such a load of hype built up over the right wing position that a lot of our fans are expecting miracles. I thought he had a good solid debut considering lack of match fitness. Rarely surrendered possession and wanted to play Hume in wherever possible. Hope he builds on this against QPR.

Archived