Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes_fan

Shaun Newton

Started looking well, got worse as the game wore on. Out of position sometimes, didn't want to go forward quite as much as I would have liked, but does look a much better option on the right than Hughes, Low or Sylla ever did, and better than Yeates, too. Not by loads, though.

I thought he looked alright to be fair.

Alot of chasing and closing down, and made a couple of good runs....

Exactly, a couple in 90 minutes.

He did a job but the few chances we created as always came from Levi.

Time to try Max.

Started looking well, got worse as the game wore on. Out of position sometimes, didn't want to go forward quite as much as I would have liked, but does look a much better option on the right than Hughes, Low or Sylla ever did, and better than Yeates, too. Not by loads, though.

What? :blink:

He had an ordinary start and got better throughout the game. I think he was good going forward, but was sometimes lazy. He actually got us moving forward and put in some nice crosses.

What? :blink:

He had an ordinary start and got better throughout the game. I think he was good going forward, but was sometimes lazy. He actually got us moving forward and put in some nice crosses.

He seemed to be in the centre a lot towards the end. Maybe it was tactical, but sometimes there was no-one on the right. He was involved more towards the end, but what he was trying seemed to come off less.

Then again he was pretty much right in front of me first half, so it could just be perspective, but I don't remember so many of those neat little through-balls that Horsfield repeatedly squandered in the second half.

Didn't do anything of great note, I think Porter showed him up tonight! Hopefully shows a bit more in next few games!

One of the best players on the field, didnt manage many crosses but he did alot in the middle and played a few good threw balls. :thumbup:

the through balls are the key, that's what impressed me. Everytime he looked to try and slide someone in.

Jarrett seems to make good runs into the box so maybe after a few days training together they might develop a decent connection? :dunno:

Jarrett seems to make good runs into the box so maybe after a few days training together they might develop a decent connection? :dunno:

Well, if hammond finally learns that with his pace he doesn't need to keep straying offside, i think newton may be able to play him in a few times.

shame hammond can't finish :/

Again very mixed opinions on a loan player.

I for one thought he did very well. Very good pace, and a couple of training sessions to get to know the rest of the players.

A very good addition IMO and its nice to see Kelly has recognised the wings as the areas for improvement. Now its just CM!

Although he wasn't involved that much I thought he looked decent, made some good runs and was positive going forward.

Solid debut but didn't look like he had enough to beat his man. Will be interesting to see whether he can create chances himself rather than just knocking it inside each time, but at least he rarely gives possession away.

Dare say he's on a nice little earner...pottered around the field enough to pick up his wage this week...but then again so did the litter cleaners on the M62 this morning..and I wont remember them by Christmas either!

To me his great strength is that he sees the game and doesn't delay his passes. So often we lose opportunities through players taking an extra touch or two on the ball but Newton invariably used one touch or two at most and was more than happy to slip dangerous passes through on the floor.

With Porter well capable of doing the same, Hammond and Hume should benefit no-end if we can just get a genuine attacker into central midfield as well.

It seems plain to me that if Newton retains his focus he is a far more accomplished right winger than anyone we've used so far and is the sort of person Gradel could well learn from if he ever gets the place on the bench he deserves.

Some of you have far too high expectations.

No he is not Chisiano Romaldo but he delivered a couple of nice balls, rarely if ever gave the ball away and actually had a touch of ability.

All in all a competent player who actually knows how to play on the right wing, a vast improvement on what we have had before.

Archived