Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigmanLee

Mattock get's the Call

hope he goes on to fulfil potential and expecatations he is gathering. hope to see him in the first team soon, but only when/if he is ready

It's not always easy to know when people are ready. Mattock is only 16 but would pass for 19 anywhere. He's in your face and built like a pocket battleship.

Odhiambo is older but probably just as strong and just as good, in a different position.

King is older than all of them and taller but Gradel, another senior Academy player probably looks the frailest.

My point is that it's never easy to know when people are ready because it's not just a physical thing, it's about you mental strength too, your confidence, your self-belief, your ability to cope with and even respond to your surroundings.

I doubt Porter would be stronger than Odhiambo but he's more experienced and he grabbed his first team chance and has never really let go.

Odhiambo looked nervous when given his surprise debut against Villa and never looked his best.

You can never really tell what a player will react like until he's put in the situation.

It's not always easy to know when people are ready. Mattock is only 16 but would pass for 19 anywhere. He's in your face and built like a pocket battleship.

Odhiambo is older but probably just as strong and just as good, in a different position.

King is older than all of them taller but Gradel, another senior Academy player probably looks the frailest.

My point is that it's never easy to know when people are ready because it's not just a physical thing, it's about you mental strength too, your confidence, your self-belief, your ability to cope with and even respond to your surroundings.

I doubt Porter would be stronger than Odhiambo but he's more experienced and he grabbed his first team chance and has never really let go.

Odhiambo looked nervous when given his surprise debut against Villa and never looked his best.

You can never really tell what a player will react like until he's put in the situation.

i feel that he should be played in some of the pre-season freindlies at the start of next season. if he impresses then surely he would be ready to come into the first time, if he doesnt then maybe hes not ready or hes not good enough

i feel that he should be played in some of the pre-season freindlies at the start of next season. if he impresses then surely he would be ready to come into the first time, if he doesnt then maybe hes not ready or hes not good enough

Dodds impressed in friendlies - Fryatt did sod all - but Kelly picked Fryatt.

Besides, virtually all our pre-season fixtures were an utter waste of time other than for a bit of fitness.

The opposition was shit except for Sociedad and Kelly insulted the fans that night by using the fixture for a preparatory exercise in defensive overkill.

My point being that the friendlies wouldn't necessarily have shown if Odhiambo or anyone else was ready cos the games weren't against tough enough opposition.

And it didn't really matter to Kelly because, despite his talk about "all places being up for grabs", he seemed to me to have his first team decided irrespective of what happened in the friendlies.

For what it's worth I like Eric as a footballer, he's strong, persistent, a good team player and sharp in the danger zone. But I think it's still a bit too early for him first team wise.

Archived