Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Goalscoring midfielders

Well I thought we wanted promotion within three years? I'd rather sign experience or Premiership Rejects first, unless we were to sign the youngsters for a small fee and send them out on loan.

Aren't we doing the experience and Premiership reject thing at the minute? What with Douglas, Nils, Newton, Johnson and Hammond all in our squad? I don't particularly think that's working out to be honest. It's our youngsters/lower league signings that are looking better for us really isn't it - McAuley, Hume, Porter?

Aren't we doing the experience and Premiership reject thing at the minute? What with Douglas, Nils, Newton, Johnson and Hammond all in our squad? I don't particularly think that's working out to be honest. It's our youngsters/lower league signings that are looking better for us really isn't it - McAuley, Hume, Porter?

No those were the Prem rejects we went for before we had the cash! I think we will be going for a much higher standard of rejects!

Last time we became a good side the turning point was not a goalscoring midfielder per se, but one who could control the flow of the game. By this I mean Garry Parker and later on, Neil Lennon.

Leicesters problems will not be solved by a goalscoring midfielder. We need to service the strikers much better than we have been.

Step 1. Get a player who can break up play, control the ball, and is an excellent passer.

No playmaker, no goals.

You can bring in Huckerby or what have you but we'll still be faffing about like headless chickens in the middle of the park unless we sort out that first.

I agree look at Leicester when they were at their best (recently)

Neil Lennon - good vision and play maker that can pass

Robbie Savage - excellent engine never stop, breaks up play and winds up the opposition

Muzzy Izzet - Good support to the forwards and can pass dribble.

When we were top ten in the premiership it was because these three were on top form and I seem to remember we paid under £2 million for the lot. Definately a bargin. But we also had a good gaffa who got the most out of them!!

Archived