Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Goalscoring midfielders

Somone like Darren Ambrose although I feel I might be being a bit hopeful there :unsure:

Francis is a very good shout

Also players such as: Lee Hendrie, Danny Murphy, Teemu Tainio again these may be a bit unrealistic :dunno:

Idiakez is paceless and despite having some nice touches I wouldnt want him at Leicester. If he was any good BTW, Derby wouldnt be letting him go on loan to QPR. Also he is 33 years old so wont get any quicker!

I've mentioned Andy Robinson time after time, he hits the net regularly for Swansea and I think he could cut it at this level.

Then there is Mark Jones who hits above one in four for Wreham but then that is League Two.

Richard Knopper who I've suggested countless times has a similar ratio in the Eredvise and isn't playing for his club, he had trials at Preston in the summer but decided to stay put, but after a season of playing for Den Hagen on loan and sitting in the stands he'll be going somewhere this summer.

Young Dean Cox at Oldham is another player that has caught my attention recently, along with Chris Shuker who looks like a very talented winger and sets up and scores goals at that level (Kudos to Fez).

Obviously their just the players I know we could get, then theres the Chris Brunts and David Norries of this world who have shown they can do it at this level but wouldn't come for free. It all depends on how much money Milans prepared to throw at the midfield problem and whether or not Kelly has admitted it exists yet.

And thats first time I've actually spoke about football on here in ages. :D

I felt compelled to decorate the thread with Koumas pictures, but on a more serious note I'd give a thumbs up to the Andy Robinson suggestion. Bit of a loose cannon, mind. Might have a worse disciplinary record than McCarthy. :D

(Unsurprisingly) carrying on the Welsh theme, Owain Tudur Jones used to knock 'em in in the LoW. But his Swansea career seems to have fizzled out, there was quite a bit of excitement about him a few years ago. I think he trialed at Chelsea, n'all (pre-Abramovic, like.)

ps: Doesn't that Andy King lad get a few for t'academy side? ;)

I've mentioned Andy Robinson time after time, he hits the net regularly for Swansea and I think he could cut it at this level.

Then there is Mark Jones who hits above one in four for Wreham but then that is League Two.

Richard Knopper who I've suggested countless times has a similar ratio in the Eredvise and isn't playing for his club, he had trials at Preston in the summer but decided to stay put, but after a season of playing for Den Hagen on loan and sitting in the stands he'll be going somewhere this summer.

Young Dean Cox at Oldham is another player that has caught my attention recently, along with Chris Shuker who looks like a very talented winger and sets up and scores goals at that level (Kudos to Fez).

Obviously their just the players I know we could get, then theres the Chris Brunts and David Norries of this world who have shown they can do it at this level but wouldn't come for free. It all depends on how much money Milans prepared to throw at the midfield problem and whether or not Kelly has admitted it exists yet.

And thats first time I've actually spoke about football on here in ages. :D

Good list of potential players. I'm a big fan of Mark Jones from Wrexham, whether we'd be after a player like that under this new regime remains to be seen. Knopper would be lethal at this level, I demand him here right now.

Other choices i'd like to add are from abroad, which there's a big possibility that we'll be bringing various different nationalities to this club in the summer.

Branko Boskovic - Been linked with us already according to Leicfox. He has a decent scoring record for a midfielder and has played for the likes of PSG and Red Star Belgrade. Still only 27 and would be brilliant at this level, i'm sure his contract expires in the summer.

Milenko Acimovic - Slovenian International who is at some crap Saudia Arabian club at the minute, might have recently left actually. Has played for Spurs a few years back. Scored about 15 International goals, not bad for a midfielder.

Tom Soares Lgs Starts 81 Goals 4

Lethal!!!!!

:)

McAnuff has scored 5 goals in 27 starts this season. At least Soares will provide pace going forward and energy around midfield. He will be an asset on the counter attack, imagine him picking the ball up in our box and dribbling the ball up the park. That is something we don't have - can you see Stephen Hughes or Johnson doing that? No they would probably pass it back to the keeper or hit the ball out for a throw.

And 3 goals in 27 starts this season, in a struggling Palace side isn't that bad. It's something to improve on next season

Archived