Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Goalscoring midfielders

Why are Palace going to sell Jobi McAnuff to us.

With Peter Taylor in charge anything can happen. And stop being so negative, we are better than them.

We have a better stadium, more money, we will probably have a better squad than them next season.

We're a club going forward, and if we can't sign a player from Crystal Palace then who can we sign?

With Peter Taylor in charge anything can happen. And stop being so negative, we are better than them.

We have a better stadium,more money , we will probably have a better squad than them next season.

We're a club going forward, and if we can't sign a player from Crystal Palace then who can we sign?

I've listed players we have a reasonable chance of signing

And no we don't :blink: . You think Simon Jordans on TV giving his money away because he's poor?

The blokes richer than MM. Just because we've had a cash influx doesn't mean we're going to be amazing next season, some of you are in for a very serious shock come the summer.

And no we don't :blink: . You think Simon Jordans on TV giving his money away because he's poor?

The blokes richer than MM. Just because we've had a cash influx doesn't mean we're going to be amazing next season, some of you are in for a very serious shock come the summer.

Is he?

I've just had a quick flick round the internet and I can't find a definitive answer although preliminary findings suggest Milan has more money.

I know this is verging off topic but can anyone clarify?

League 1 and 2 players are not going to get us in the Premiership. We should be looking at players who are at least the standard we are at now. Fraytt has hardly been a success has he? If i was Milan, i would be looking at young Prem players who we could get on season long loans, experienced/older players in the Prem who are looking for first team action, and quality players in the Championship who are capable of doing an alright job in the Prem.

Is he?

I've just had a quick flick round the internet and I can't find a definitive answer although preliminary findings suggest Milan has more money.

I know this is verging off topic but can anyone clarify?

Well seeing as no one knows what Milans worth we aren't going to know for sure are we? he sold his phone company for like £70 million.

Either way, he's not going to sell us a midfielder who scores double figures for the kind of money we've got.

League 1 and 2 players are not going to get us in the Premiership. We should be looking at players who are at least the standard we are at now. Fraytt has hardly been a success has he? If i was Milan, i would be looking at young Prem players who we could get on season long loans, experienced/older players in the Prem who are looking for first team action, and quality players in the Championship who are capable of doing an alright job in the Prem.

Which is a nice thought but MM is not a bottomless pit of money.

Well MM is a fool then, spending 4-5 Million this summer will hopefully get us promoted. If we did then he would immediately get this money back from TV money etc anyway. Theres no way we can get into the Prmiership without top quality players. If you look at the table, what a surprise Derby, Brum and Sunderland are the top 3. I don't think they're there by luck are they?

Last time we became a good side the turning point was not a goalscoring midfielder per se, but one who could control the flow of the game. By this I mean Garry Parker and later on, Neil Lennon.

Leicesters problems will not be solved by a goalscoring midfielder. We need to service the strikers much better than we have been.

Step 1. Get a player who can break up play, control the ball, and is an excellent passer.

No playmaker, no goals.

You can bring in Huckerby or what have you but we'll still be faffing about like headless chickens in the middle of the park unless we sort out that first.

Well MM is a fool then , spending 4-5 Million this summer will hopefully get us promoted. If we did then he would immediately get this money back from TV money etc anyway. Theres no way we can get into the Prmiership without top quality players. If you look at the table, what a surprise Derby, Brum and Sunderland are the top 3. I don't think they're there by luck are they?

Yes Milans the fool.

He didn's say three years for a larf you know. I think he ment it.

Well MM is a fool then, spending 4-5 Million this summer will hopefully get us promoted. If we did then he would immediately get this money back from TV money etc anyway. Theres no way we can get into the Prmiership without top quality players. If you look at the table, what a surprise Derby, Brum and Sunderland are the top 3. I don't think they're there by luck are they?

Milan's no fool, the way he likes to conduct his transfers is by gettings as much as he can for as little capital as possible. He prefers to get players on higher wages, without having to pay a lot of money to the clubs he get's them from. The word 'Bosman' and 'Loan' will be used in conjunction with Leicester City a lot under Mandaric's ownership.

Expect out of favour Premiership players and Foreigners. I think it would be unlikely we'll go out and pay £2-3 million on a young Championship midfielder such as McAnuff. Whetehr that pisses you off or not, that's what will happen. If you think otherwise then you'll be disappointed.

I don't think we'll see many un-proven youngsters coming here either, unless they are from Premiership clubs and come highly recommended. But League One & League Two players might not be risked, but perhaps i'm talking bollocks.

Milan's no fool, the way he likes to conduct his transfers is by gettings as much as he can for as little capital as possible. He prefers to get players on higher wages, without having to pay a lot of money to the clubs he get's them from. The word 'Bosman' and 'Loan' will be used in conjunction with Leicester City a lot under Mandaric's ownership.

Expect out of favour Premiership players and Foreigners. I think it would be unlikely we'll go out and pay £2-3 million on a young Championship midfielder such as McAnuff. Whetehr that pisses you off or not, that's what will happen. If you think otherwise then you'll be disappointed.

I don't think we'll see many un-proven youngsters coming here either, unless they are from Premiership clubs and come highly recommended. But League One & League Two players might not be risked, but perhaps i'm talking bollocks.

Completely agree mate. The style & class of players we get in should be broadly in line with what pompey had when MM took over.

So you're probably expecting the likes of Berger, Sheringham, Todorov to join us on free transfers?

I have nothing against that, but if Milan doesn't splash the cash on young players this year then at the very least i would like to see some prem players come on season long loans.

And i mean players such as Bendtner and Muamba, inexperienced players from Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal etc not players like Horsfield and Yeates who are League 1 standard.

So you're probably expecting the likes of Berger, Sheringham, Todorov to join us on free transfers?

I have nothing against that, but if Milan doesn't splash the cash on young players this year then at the very least i would like to see some prem players come on season long loans.

And i mean players such as Bendtner and Muamba, inexperienced players from Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal etc not players like Horsfield and Yeates who are League 1 standard.

I think Milan will try and do what he did at Pompey.

Last time we became a good side the turning point was not a goalscoring midfielder per se, but one who could control the flow of the game. By this I mean Garry Parker and later on, Neil Lennon.

Leicesters problems will not be solved by a goalscoring midfielder. We need to service the strikers much better than we have been.

Step 1. Get a player who can break up play, control the ball, and is an excellent passer.

No playmaker, no goals.

You can bring in Huckerby or what have you but we'll still be faffing about like headless chickens in the middle of the park unless we sort out that first.

Completely agree. We have never been able to replace Neil Lennon or Muzzy Izzet. We would never have got promoted that season under Adams if it wasnt for Izzet. He controlled that midfield area and had a touch of class with his set pieces. He probably got 20+ assists that season ! I thought Billy McKinley was a bit of an unsung hero also that season. Broke up opposition attacks well and was disciplined in his positioning allowing Muz to express himself further up the pitch. Where can we get another McKinley from ? Wesolowski is supposedly that type of player, but i have my reservations about him. Maybe an experienced player like Kevin Nicholls can do the job.

Completely agree. We have never been able to replace Neil Lennon or Muzzy Izzet. We would never have got promoted that season under Adams if it wasnt for Izzet. He controlled that midfield area and had a touch of class with his set pieces. He probably got 20+ assists that season ! I thought Billy McKinley was a bit of an unsung hero also that season. Broke up opposition attacks well and was disciplined in his positioning allowing Muz to express himself further up the pitch. Where can we get another McKinley from ? Wesolowski is supposedly that type of player, but i have my reservations about him. Maybe an experienced player like Kevin Nicholls can do the job.

Some people on here need serious help with memory and their tendencies to go well over the top. Muzz was not that good that season.

I bet he didn't even get 10 assists.

Dickov, Deane and Scowcroft all getting double figres didn't hurt either!

Even boss eyed benji chipped in with a few!

Some people on here need serious help with memory and their tendencies to go well over the top. Muzz was not that good that season.

I bet he didn't even get 10 assists.

Correct.

Our leading Assister in the 02/03 season was Paul Dickov with 9 and surprisingly Alan Rogers with 8. Izzet did also get 8 in the league.

What's interesting is that season, Svetaslov Todorov scored 26 goals and provided 15 assists. 41 goals he was responsible for in 1 season, phenomenal.

I'm not sure how they work out assists on the football league website, because we scored 74 goals the season we went up, but only registered 47 assists. I'm aware some goals don't really have an assist as such, but over a third of our goals were scored with no direct assist?.

Correct.

Our leading Assister in the 02/03 season was Paul Dickov with 9 and surprisingly Alan Rogers with 8. Izzet did also get 8 in the league.

What's interesting is that season, Svetaslov Todorov scored 26 goals and provided 15 assists. 41 goals he was responsible for in 1 season, phenomenal.

I'm not sure how they work out assists on the football league website, because we scored 74 goals the season we went up, but only registered 47 assists. I'm aware some goals don't really have an assist as such, but over a third of our goals were scored with no direct assist?.

Deano msut have had a few, we scored quite a few goals consisting of walker>>>deane>>>player running in behind defence.

Correct.

I wouldn't have thought peno's or free kicks count, so I don't know if they made a big difference that season. :dunno:

I wouldn't have thought peno's or free kicks count, so I don't know if they made a big difference that season. :dunno:

This is well as OG's and any ball that toched a defender on the way through. It also doesn't count as an assist if the goal scoreing players takes X amount of touches.

Archived