Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stinkenzo

Goalscoring midfielders

Off topic slightly, but i'd like to see us sign Carsten Jancker in the summer. The massive centre forward who used to play for Bayern Munich. He's at some crap Austrian club on loan I think? Get him upfront with Hume next season and we'll be laughing, we can even play long ball if Kelly's still here.

Carsten Jancker the German willy puller. Nooooooooooo.

Off topic slightly, but i'd like to see us sign Carsten Jancker in the summer. The massive centre forward who used to play for Bayern Munich. He's at some crap Austrian club on loan I think? Get him upfront with Hume next season and we'll be laughing, we can even play long ball if Kelly's still here.

Would be a quality signing for three reasons!

1.) International Target man

2.) He looks mean as fcuk

3.) His name rhymes with willy puller

Jancker and Hume up front would look like Dr Evil and Mini-Me.

Well we've got the fat sweaty jock in goal, so all we need know is Austin Powers. I'd say Paddy McCarthy looks a bit like him, but he looks and plays more like Frank Spencer.

The blokes old! and was never that good anyway!

Didn't he go to some Chinese team before he went to Austria lol

Yeah he was at Shanghui Noon or someone like that.

He was always crap, but he'd still destroy teams at this level, he's a horrible man.

As much as I would have loved him here about 6 years ago, signing him today would be a step backwards. He was never quick but has become even slower over the years. I saw him play for Kaiserslaturn a couple of years ago and his pace was laughable. I dont think in recent years he can be bothered and has changed clubs a few times. The fact that he plays in Austria is a guide to his current ability.

Yeah he was at Shanghui Noon or someone like that.

He was always crap, but he'd still destroy teams at this level, he's a horrible man.

I would agree but he couldn't even destory people when playing for Shanghui Noon with Jacky Chan so I don't see him scarying defenders here if he can't scare little China men.

Although judging by that Punch up at QPR they may be harder than they look.

Exactly, more than good enough for us!!!!

People seem to forget how gash we really are.

I reckon most of the Andorra side would get in ours, seriously!

If we sent back the loanees and had to choose from Dodds, De Vries, Elvis, Fryatt and Hume as our strikers for next season, I too would accept Jancker despite the fact that the away fans will have a field day with his name and him playing his football on the hills where they shot the sound of music. However, I am hopeful that there actually is a god up there who will bring in some mobile forwards to this club like Todorov, Jason Roberts or even Franny Jeffers.

Do you believe?

do%20you%20believe.jpg

was thinking how about brian howard from barnsley? scored 8 from midfield this season in a struggling team

dean marney from hull wouldn't be a bad shout not played that much this season but looked half decent at tottenham..

both players are youngish and think with both teams probably going down this season we would have a great chance of signing them.

also im a fan of dickson etuhu of norwich does nothing spectacular just sits in midfield and breaks up attacks

now that would be a great signing as would compliment a good attacking midfielder as lennon did to izzet

was thinking how about brian howard from barnsley? scored 8 from midfield this season in a struggling team

dean marney from hull wouldn't be a bad shout not played that much this season but looked half decent at tottenham..

both players are youngish and think with both teams probably going down this season we would have a great chance of signing them.

also im a fan of dickson etuhu of norwich does nothing spectacular just sits in midfield and breaks up attacks

now that would be a great signing as would compliment a good attacking midfielder as lennon did to izzet

That Howard isn't a bad shout, might just be having a one off season though.

Tommy Miller from Sunderland. I don't know if he's gone to pot or something this year but he never plays for them but was their top scorer last year i believe, and the year before he scored near enough 20 goals from midfield.

Decent age and wouldn't be too costly i'd imagine, especially if they go up and splash more cash.

the second time? Muzzy played for us in the 02/03 promotion season, i hope your not suggesting we were talking bout muzzy in 95/96? :blink:

I sorta meant, the second time in quick succession. Why the hell would I be talking about 95/96?

I've mentioned Andy Robinson time after time, he hits the net regularly for Swansea and I think he could cut it at this level.

Then there is Mark Jones who hits above one in four for Wreham but then that is League Two.

Richard Knopper who I've suggested countless times has a similar ratio in the Eredvise and isn't playing for his club, he had trials at Preston in the summer but decided to stay put, but after a season of playing for Den Hagen on loan and sitting in the stands he'll be going somewhere this summer.

Young Dean Cox at Oldham is another player that has caught my attention recently, along with Chris Shuker who looks like a very talented winger and sets up and scores goals at that level (Kudos to Fez).

Obviously their just the players I know we could get, then theres the Chris Brunts and David Norries of this world who have shown they can do it at this level but wouldn't come for free. It all depends on how much money Milans prepared to throw at the midfield problem and whether or not Kelly has admitted it exists yet.

And thats first time I've actually spoke about football on here in ages. :D

andy robinson is a player i always here mentioned on highlights programs for either scoring or setting up goals. i have been impressed with him when watching swansea games on sky.

I wish we would stop going for lower-league players.

Why? If we could get a manager in who can spot ability and potential then there's nothing wrong with it. Lennon, Savage and Elliott amongst others are proof that signing from lower leagues can be the best thing ever!

Archived