Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
XFS

Mattock and England through to Euro Finals

Nils is a solid enough squad player but he has yet to sign a new contract so its good to have a back-up plan. I`d go as far as play Mattock ahead of Nils for teh rest of the season if Nils doesnt commit his future to the club.

We might aswell play him for the last few games, got nothing to lose.

We might aswell play him for the last few games, got nothing to lose.

In that case we might as well play most of the Academy lads who have impressed this season. Will it happen? No. Of course not. Experience is the key. Apparently.

In that case we might as well play most of the Academy lads who have impressed this season. Will it happen? No. Of course not. Experience is the key. Apparently.

Of course it will never happen, the world of football now revolves around money, and the higher you finish the more money you get. Although i think the academy lads might do better :rolleyes:

Of course it will never happen, the world of football now revolves around money, and the higher you finish the more money you get. Although i think the academy lads might do better :rolleyes:

I don't think it's particularly money which is the issue here, especially now we have Milan in charge. I'd say the issue was more not wanting to take the risk playing the kids incase they couldn't cope and weren't ready (or they put the first-teamers to shame and actually performed). Quite sad really. It'd have been nice to see a few of them try and step up to the first-team this season. Which I feel they may have had we had a reserves team.

I'd say Mattock is the most promising player in the under 18s at present. Gradel's scoring record is impressive but I think he's 19 heading towards 20 years old so he should be scoring at that level if he sees himself at our club in the future. Mattock is usually in the top three Leicester City players performance-wise every week for me and he's one of the youngest ones in the squad. Trainied with the first team already, looks promising if he keeps working at his game.

Well Kelly didn't bother with that last season, I doubt he will this time. :rolleyes:

Absolutely. He totally wasted a valuable opportunity and there is no reason to believe he'll be any less pig headed this time.

Mandaric has publicly called for experience and Kelly will do what he's been asked.

I fully intended going to Stoke but have so little desire to waste any more money supporting the Kelly regime that I'm launching my own private protest and refusing to travel til he's gone.

I'll suffer the home games cos I've got a season ticket but even there it makes me sick when he patronises the fans by wandering over the acknowledge them.

Why? Because he makes out he appreciates them yet makes no visible effort to play stirring or even moderately attacking football even at home, never mind away when his tactics are simply indefensible from an entertainment point of view.

I'm honestly feeling like getting involved with a team of my own next season. I find today's rent-a-team approach wholly distasteful anyway and the managemial decisions mostly uninspiring and even inexplicable at times.

Experience is important at the start of the new season as are established players who may well be young. All I am calling for is that if results go are way tomorrow and it looks like we cant go down, why not try one or two kids to play alongside the rest?? Its a no risk situation for our lads who may adapt to first team football like a duck to water. The likes of COG came through and failed so we punted him out. Why not see how some of the other academy kids cope?? The timing is perfect.

Experience is important at the start of the new season as are established players who may well be young. All I am calling for is that if results go are way tomorrow and it looks like we cant go down, why not try one or two kids to play alongside the rest?? Its a no risk situation for our lads who may adapt to first team football like a duck to water. The likes of COG came through and failed so we punted him out. Why not see how some of the other academy kids cope?? The timing is perfect.

COG might well fail but not because he was given a fair chance here. He wasn't. For the most part he succeeded quite well in what he was asked to do which was to hold the ball up while we played out games. And he was worth three Horsfields for the effort he put in while doing that a ball smeared in superglue from what I've seen.

COG might well fail but not because he was given a fair chance here. He wasn't. For the most part he succeeded quite well in what he was asked to do which was to hold the ball up while we played out games. And he was worth three Horsfields for the effort he put in while doing that a ball smeared in superglue from what I've seen.

COG was given starts too and showed that his weaknesses outweighed his strengths in my opinion. He started 6 league games this season and as a team we scored three goals in those games he started. He scored none of them himself and don't think he played a major part in any of those three goals. For a big, strong centre forward he spent too much time falling over in an attempt to win free kicks but half the time it ended up being given as a free kick to the opposition. I don't think he held the ball up that well either and when he did, an intelligent offload wasn't there. Horsfield isn't much better but that doesn't mean O'Grady should've been given more of a chance here.

if its about money then surely putting Mattock in for a few games before he turns 17 attracts attention, and wacks a load of 000s on his asking price should anyone be looking! He really must be being discussed by the clubs that are looking at Bale as an alternative.

COG was given starts too and showed that his weaknesses outweighed his strengths in my opinion. He started 6 league games this season and as a team we scored three goals in those games he started. He scored none of them himself and don't think he played a major part in any of those three goals. For a big, strong centre forward he spent too much time falling over in an attempt to win free kicks but half the time it ended up being given as a free kick to the opposition. I don't think he held the ball up that well either and when he did, an intelligent offload wasn't there. Horsfield isn't much better but that doesn't mean O'Grady should've been given more of a chance here.

Ninety per cent says you're right and to that extent I agree. It's just that when COG first got into our first team after arriving back from Rushden he looked really fit and keen.

He did alright in his first team cameos and RK seemed to think quite highly of him.

Next thing you know he seems to have had a start of season spat with Kelly, gets injured, never really looks either fit or involved again and then what...

COG goes to Rotherham, Dodds goes to Rochdale and give a bloke who, from what I've watched seems absolutely attrocious, any number of games - and almost full games - a luxury Dodds never had at all and COG only occasionally in the Cup.

I never once saw COG play as badly as Horsfield has in all but one of his games for City. And Dodds wouldn't know how to play that badly if he was under orders to do so.

Ninety per cent says you're right and to that extent I agree. It's just that when COG first got into our first team after arriving back from Rushden he looked really fit and keen.

He did alright in his first team cameos and RK seemed to think quite highly of him.

Next thing you know he seems to have had a start of season spat with Kelly, gets injured, never really looks either fit or involved again and then what...

COG goes to Rotherham, Dodds goes to Rochdale and give a bloke who, from what I've watched seems absolutely attrocious, any number of games - and almost full games - a luxury Dodds never had at all and COG only occasionally in the Cup.

I never once saw COG play as badly as Horsfield has in all but one of his games for City. And Dodds wouldn't know how to play that badly if he was under orders to do so.

O'Grady was garbage. Horsfield is garbage. They're all wasters. Let's have a cup of tea.

O'Grady was garbage. Horsfield is garbage. They're all wasters. Let's have a cup of tea.

Horsefield has been a regular premiership/championship player, O'Grady never will be.

It is all a matter of degrees at the level Leicester now plays. And I would have a fit, keen COG any time ahead of Horsfield who, coventry apart, doesn't score, doesn't create and doesn't even have nuisance value cos he doesn't look fit for a start.

Horsefield has been a regular premiership/championship player, O'Grady never will be.

Was. I'm not disputing that he might have been useful three or four seasons ago. That means nothing now because he hasn't looked a good Conference player all but one of the times I've seen him.

Yes, people are forever getting selected for Leicester on the basis of what they used to be or used to do ... Johnson, Kenton, Newton, Horsfield...

It is all a matter of degrees at the level Leicester now plays. And I would have a fit, keen COG any time ahead of Horsfield who, coventry apart, doesn't score, doesn't create and doesn't even have nuisance value cos he doesn't look fit for a start.

They're both rubbish, but at least Horsfield scored a couple of goals. O'Grady's shooting technique was worse than Sylla's.

Was. I'm not disputing that he might have been useful three or four seasons ago. That means nothing now because he hasn't looked a good Conference player all but one of the times I've seen him.

Yes, people are forever getting selected for Leicester on the basis of what they used to be or used to do ... Johnson, Kenton, Newton, Horsfield...

i did say horsefield has been a regular, i never said he was brilliant at the minute. my point was that o'grady hasn't and is never likely to be.

They're both rubbish, but at least Horsfield scored a couple of goals. O'Grady's shooting technique was worse than Sylla's.

We'll simply disagree on that one. Unlike in the reserves, COG was rarely allowed to genuinely attack for the first team - and certainly not for long but his technique looked sound enough to me both pre-match and in the reserves whereas Sylla seemed to have the worst shooting technique of any professional footballer (League or non-League) that I have ever witnessed.

And that fact is reflected in his total lack of goals scored in all grades of football at Leicester while COG scored regularly in the second team where he had lots of support and lots of movement around him.

Archived