Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AJF

Steve Clarke

Don't even joke about that. :ph34r:

At least the local bookies will be pleased if he came along. Claridge does seem to talk sense whenever I have seen him but as he proved at pompey and everywhere else he has been, he doesnt seem to be managerial material.

isnt everyone else guessing he might be a complete failure.

no one can predict the future

Everyone else is guessing success or failure you're guessing experience etc. That doesn't mean he can't be a success just that you can't say for definate that he has this experience from his time at Chelsea.

But being an Assistant Manager at a big club with a pretty decent manager is no guarantee of producing a good manager.

Good old Steve McClaren was a highly rated assistant manager when he was at Man U.

And we all know what a useless tosspot of a manager he is, don't we?

To be fair he did a half decent job at Boro.

If Clarke was able to replicate a team at Leicester capable of winning a league cup, top ten finishes in the prem, and a uefa cup final. I don't think too many Leicester fans would complain about that.

Everyone else is guessing success or failure you're guessing experience etc. That doesn't mean he can't be a success just that you can't say for definate that he has this experience from his time at Chelsea.

this is a fruitless discussion we're having here mate.

you are right i am wrong. fair enough

To be fair he did a half decent job at Boro.

If Clarke was able to replicate a team at Leicester capable of winning a league cup, top ten finishes in the prem, and a uefa cup final. I don't think too many Leicester fans would complain about that.

I suppose... but he did do it with some god awful football. And with heavy financial backing, did sign some complete and utter toss pot players.

I suppose... but he did do it with some god awful football. And with heavy financial backing, did sign some complete and utter toss pot players.

I think your sentence just about sums up what to expect from Leicester in the coming years.

But if that’s what it takes so be it.

I heard this yesterday too. Wouldnt be such a bad thing,he is supposed to be a top coach (But so was Kelly :unsure:) and if hes had experience at the top level working with Jose he must no what hes on about. Didnt he work with the Acadamy to?Im sure it was him who done the football icon thing.

I heard this yesterday too. Wouldnt be such a bad thing,he is supposed to be a top coach (But so was Kelly :unsure:) and if hes had experience at the top level working with Jose he must no what hes on about. Didnt he work with the Acadamy to?Im sure it was him who done the football icon thing.

I think it was yes.

Him and Knappers wernt it :thumbup:

Actually, was Jamie Redknapp on it?

Hey stop making me go off topic :P

Im not sure but he was good at spotting talent. He doesnt look the sort of person to take much crap,i think its about time we had a manager like that.

Doesn't sound like a great idea to me :unsure:

It's probably only a rumour going round and nothing will come of it but I don't like the sound of it. Yes he's the assistant manager of Chelsea but that's it. He's not a manager and never has been as far as I know.

We need somebody with some experience, not just another Rob Kelly... :rolleyes:

Considering one of the reasons Mourinho was falling out with Abramovich was because the Rich One wanted to bring in new staff and the Special One refused to consider letting his staff go, Clarke must have some ability.

Doesn't sound like a great idea to me :unsure:

It's probably only a rumour going round and nothing will come of it but I don't like the sound of it. Yes he's the assistant manager of Chelsea but that's it. He's not a manager and never has been as far as I know.

We need somebody with some experience, not just another Rob Kelly... :rolleyes:

I think Clarke was caretaker at Newcastle or some such team for about... one match. lol

this is a fruitless discussion we're having here mate.

you are right i am wrong. fair enough

Not fair at all why can't i be wrong?

It's all bollocks anyway and not to be taken too seriously, I was just making ocnversation.

Archived