Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AJF

Steve Clarke

Hi all -

Just heard on the radio that Steve Clarke is the latest name to be thrown into the pot of potential managers by one of todays papers.

Interesting or not?

cheers

Isn't he more of a coach..........haven't we tried that before??

Isnt he a current Chelsea assistant? I cant see him going anywhere unless Mourinho is sacked as life as life as a No 2 is better than being a shite manager like Brian kidd turned out to be when he left Fergie. I cant see it happening and to be honest I dont think we should take yet another manager on board who has done nothing at this level in management.

Isnt he a current Chelsea assistant? I cant see him going anywhere unless Mourinho is sacked as life as life as a No 2 is better than being a shite manager like Brian kidd turned out to be when he left Fergie. I cant see it happening and to be honest I dont think we should take yet another manager on board who has done nothing at this level in management.

I agree. MM doesn't like taking too many risks with his money. I think he will keep NW on, but if there is a sudden slide as we have had under previous managers, he won't piss about in replacing him...

I agree. MM doesn't like taking too many risks with his money. I think he will keep NW on, but if there is a sudden slide as we have had under previous managers, he won't piss about in replacing him...

What the fook did he buy us for then? :whistle:

I think this time things will be different when it comes to MM and his cash. I can see him takinga few more risks because the prize to get into the Premiership is greater now and also its not as easy to get out of this division and will continue to get harder. I agree with you that he wont mess around and get rid of the manager so thats why its important that he makes the right choice this time around.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Which - once again - proves that these days, if you say someone's name often enough on a message board, their name will surface at the centre of a rumour.

I suggested Steve Clarke, somewhat jokingly, a couple of times about two months ago. :whistle:

:ph34r:

Isnt he a current Chelsea assistant? I cant see him going anywhere unless Mourinho is sacked as life as a No 2 is better than being a shite manager like Brian kidd turned out to be when he left Fergie. I cant see it happening and to be honest I dont think we should take yet another manager on board who has done nothing at this level in management.

:laugh:

Too funny. :worship:

If it was me I would jump at the chance of leaving one of the most succesful teams in Europe, training the best players in the world, getting a huge salary, learning from Mourinho and come to manage Leicester City. Can't see why anyone wouldn't take that opportunity... :whistle::rolleyes:

In other realistic rumours today...David Dein has told MM he wants to offer his help to take LCFC to the top of the Premier League, Wenger has announced that he will be joining Dein along with at least Henry and Fabergas, there have also been unsubstantiated rumours that the entire Arsenal side will be joining them but that seems a little far fetched!

Chelsea assistant Steve Clarke is one of the names wanted by new Leicester boss Milan Mandaric to take the manager's job at the Walkers Stadium.

Daily Express.

i would personally think this would be well worth a go

the guy has experienced life at the very top level of world club football for the past few years and worked with the very best players in the world.

so what if he has 'no experience' of championship football. this is irrelevant experience of being able to sign decent players counts. something which has been rare of all our managers for the past 7 years!!!

he will have the links to get access to players and scouting the likes of leicester city do not and will not have with worthington as manager.

nothing against worthington but i would like to see a fresh manager willing to make an impression who has value with the higher reaches of the game. look what it did for sunderland!!!!

i would personally think this would be well worth a go

the guy has experienced life at the very top level of world club football for the past few years and worked with the very best players in the world.

so what if he has 'no experience' of championship football. this is irrelevant experience of being able to sign decent players counts. something which has been rare of all our managers for the past 7 years!!!

he will have the links to get access to players and scouting the likes of leicester city do not and will not have with worthington as manager.

nothing against worthington but i would like to see a fresh manager willing to make an impression who has value with the higher reaches of the game. look what it did for sunderland!!!!

But you have no idea how much involvement he has had in any of those things. Has he had any significant input on purchases, tactics, team selection, substitutions, training, coaching etc?

If it was me I would jump at the chance of leaving one of the most succesful teams in Europe, training the best players in the world, getting a huge salary, learning from Mourinho and come to manage Leicester City. Can't see why anyone wouldn't take that opportunity... :whistle::rolleyes:

Yes given the choice you would stay at Chelsea, BUT Clarke has not been offered a new contract, and is believed to be leaving the club in the summer :cool: . Which puts a rather different spin on things don't you think?

I think Jose said in the press this week that his coaching staff had been offered extensions. Fairly sure that is the case now and they are staying on with him which was one of the big issues dividing him and Roman.

If he is leaving Chelsea in the summer anyway then maybe he might be interested but i'd still doubt it, he must have better offers then us on the table, even number two at another premiership club.

But you have no idea how much involvement he has had in any of those things. Has he had any significant input on purchases, tactics, team selection, substitutions, training, coaching etc?

more than likely. as a 1st team coach of the best team in england over the past 3 years near enough i would say he would have a significant influence.

more than likely. as a 1st team coach of the best team in england over the past 3 years near enough i would say he would have a significant influence.

But being an Assistant Manager at a big club with a pretty decent manager is no guarantee of producing a good manager.

Good old Steve McClaren was a highly rated assistant manager when he was at Man U.

And we all know what a useless tosspot of a manager he is, don't we?

You're still guessing though. :dunno:

Archived