Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Barnsley player ratings

just thrilled to see all the high ratings for Weso and to see the boy back and looking good.

Perhaps the one good thing to emerge from this season. A fit Weso next season playing the anchor role could just be the fulcrum upon which better times emerge

Seems to me that everyone is forgetting that he was turned very easily twice on our 18 yard line to produce chances for an opposition who if better should have taken advantage.

His tackling in the middle of the park however was excellent but on that performance will cost us goals at some stage.

I stress to say that I'm deducing this from what John Barber said, but he indicated that Weso was struggling with an injury for much of the second half and mentioned it again both times he was turned in the the way you mentioned.

I stress to say that I'm deducing this from what John Barber said, but he indicated that Weso was struggling with an injury for much of the second half and mentioned it again both times he was turned in the the way you mentioned.

His type of approach to games will often lead to him getting knocks and what you say may be right in which case bearing in mind our predicament if he was struggling he should have been taken off.

Don't get me wrong though, I am not knocking him, just pointing out that some of the points made about him need balancing out slightly.

Logan 7 - His kicking let him down, he needs to look at where players are actually standing before kicking. Made it up with one or two brave interceptions and a few good stops in the second half though.

Stearman 5.5 - The guy looks so low on confidence its unreal. I remember a particular bad first touch where he dived in two footed to try and win it back and after failing just looked to the floor in utter dejection. He did get forward well but didn't really provide anything of much use. Hopefully he can get his confidence back for next season.

Johansson 6.5 - Too many good crosses from Barnsley were allowed to come in from the wings so I think Nissa has to take some responsibility for this. Most of the time however, fairly solid.

Kisnorbo 7 - Won a lot in the air but seemed a bit susceptible on the ground and his distribution was awful. Hard to remember an occasion where he didn't hoof it to Fryatt. Made one or two fantastic last ditch challenges though in that spell of Barnsley pressure.

McAuley 6.5 - Fairly solid but him and Kisnorbo were played through at will for a 20 minute period after we scored.

Newton 6.5 - His balls into the box let him down on too many occasions but after Cadamarteri came on, the two linked up brilliantly and conspired two or three great chances for himself and Cada.

Mattock 8 - I couldn't make the Brum game so this is the first chance I had to see him in action for a full 90 and I was hugely impressed. Plays with such maturity and plenty of skill, technique and muscle to go with it. A great prospect and should be a regular next season.

Hughes 6 - Occasionally contributed but was nothing special. Most of what he seemed to do was lightweight including his passing.

Wesolowski 7 - Certainly puts some tackles in. A few wayward passes but I sometimes feel sorry for him because the lack of movement in front and to the side of him is awful when he has the ball.

Hume 6 - I thought Hume should have been the one to go off instead of Fryatt. He looked very very tired throughout the whole game yesterday and was not at his best.

Fryatt 7 - If he wasn't caught offside every 2 seconds then it would be easier to give him a higher mark because I thought his persistence and running off the ball was excellent. Shame the service to him was too high when he was onside, and he was offside EVERY time the ball was played through. Great persistence for the goal though.

Subs:

Cadamarteri 7.5 - Caused all sorts of problems while he was on the field. Very direct running and the defenders just couldn't deal with him. His presence created chance after chance in the second half and clearly a much better option the Elvis. I hope we keep him as an option for next season.

Logan 7 - Some vital saves but too many wasted goalkicks

Stearman 6 - Was turned and skilled too easily at times but defended reasonably well

Kisnorbo 8.5 - Excellent, nothing was going to get past him

McAuley 7.5 - Good to see him back, bit shaky at times but some brave defending at times

Johansson 6.5 - See Stearman (but not as turned and beaten as often)

Newton 7 - Showed some great skill in a congested midfield to open the play up but did not do enough to cover Stearman. Going forward excellent, in defence poor

Weso 7.5 - Battled hard, won challenges, would be great if he was more adventurous

Hughes 7 - Was not the game for stroking the ball around so had to change his style and he adapted well, rarely shirked a challenge for once :blink:

Mattock 8 - Very convincing display, better suited to tough away days like this where a lot of work needed to be done protecting the full-back, showed good physical strength

Hume 5.5 - Disappointing, wasted good counter attack opportunities, 100% effort may not save him from the chop

Fryatt 7 - Always a willing runner, harsh offsides on him but just about took his only half chance to create the goal

Cadamarteri 8 - Brilliant contribution, first touch was very accomplished and his link-up play with Newton was promising

Logan - 7 although his wink to lildave3 at the services deserved 11 lol

Stearman - 6

Kisnorbo - 7.5

McAuley - 7

Nils - 7

Newton - 7

Weso - 8

Hughes - 7

Mattock - 7.5

Hume - 7

Fryatt - 8

Danny Cadamarteri 8