Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

For Thracian, Bluesbrother

Link

And what a team

------------------Banks

Sjoberg --------------------------Norman

-----------Roberts King Cross

Sinclair Goodfellow Dougan Gibson Stringfellow

Link

And what a team

------------------Banks

Sjoberg --------------------------Norman

-----------Roberts King Cross

Sinclair Goodfellow Dougan Gibson Stringfellow

Now that's what I call an attacking line-up!

Is Gibson you Davie?

That's where I get my nom de plume from.

As for me being the Davie Gibson - Ha Ha, I'm not fit to clean his boots.

He'd be far to modest to post that anyway.

As far as I'm aware Gibbo's left Enderby and is enjoying retirement on the south coast.

Those players evokes some wonderful memories and it would be boring compiling a "retained list" from those lads because they were among the best we ever had...and we really did have some wonderful players around that time.

I was reminded of a few others recently ... Derek Hogg, Derek Hines, Albert Cheeseborough and Ken Leek - but the team listed would have been a joy to behold.

What a spine. Gordon Banks, England world cup winner; Ian King best centre-back we ever had and Derek Dougan, such a talented and clever-witted centre-forward.

I'd had preferred Frank McLintock to Bobby Roberts cos McLintock was as good as a player as he was bad as a manager and Graham Cross, make no mistake, was another one of our all-time greats.

I'd have Lenny Glover over Jackie Sinclair but we're talking two terrific players and I would love to have introduced Gibbo to today's fans and let them compare him to Hughes or Tiatto in left midfield cos it would have been like comparing a row boat with a Fairline, a local artist with a Master.

Rodrigues was as good a right back as I saw in a City shirt (well spotted Surrifox) and how refeshing to see us winning a header in the box although goals like that, good as it was, were a regular sight from our team at that time.

We're really didn't bow much to anyone - Liverpool, Arsenal, Villa, Chelsea ... they all found it uncomfortable playing Leicester.

http://www.soccerbase.com/results2.sd

a pedant writes....

the no.2 who congratulates doog at the end of the clip is Peter Rodrigues not Sjoberg. I think sjoberg is no.5 and King is not in that side

I don't know the source of the video but No 2 is certainly Rodrigues.

Having further checked of Fossils & Foxes it would appear to be Sept 3rd 1966 - at Hillsborough and finished 1-1 Dougan/Pugh

LCFC Banks, Rodrigues, Norman, Roberts, Sjoberg, Cross, Sinclair, Good fellow, Gibson, Stringfellow.

So as you said Surri :thumbup:

Archived