Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FilboFox

Official "Politics Proper" Thread

So we now have a new Prime Minister... Gordon Brown takes over from the legend that was Tony Blair...

Can't say that he inspires me with much confidence... always looks very much out of place at large gatherings and meetings with high profile people... I guess that will come with experience and time in the job.

So, how do you think Hellings will get on and should we play him out wide?

Personally I don't think we should get rid of Elvis. What do you reckon?

• Bold type 1..............I hope that is hyperbole :nono: .
Not at all...

Bold type 2..............I wouldn't be too sure, I never dreamt Bush would get re-elected until the Dems shot themselves in the foot by nominating Kerry to carry them forward. This time the Democrats have Clinton x 2 which is a strong team but I'm not sure America is ready for a woman and even yet an African American. For the ladies and people of colour that is not my opinion but that which I think Americans feel. The war will probably still be with us and terrorism will be the same or worse. Giulliani will certainly be well placed to secure the "Afraid Vote". If there's another 9/11 he will be a shoe-in unless his background has skeletons yet to appear. He also has quite centralist views on abortion so may carry the undecided. Very early days yet.

No guarantee yet that Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama would get the Democratic nomination. But the Republicans are beginning to rip each other to shreds over the Iraq war and other issues. Giuliani, as a northerner with (relatively) liberal views on abortion, divorce and gay rights, is not going to inspire too much confidence among his party's core voters.

Archived