Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
teblin

De Zeeuw offered Leicester deal (SkySports)

Yes its a new start and no he wouldn't be a step back for us.

the way I see it everyone moans when Micky Adams had a ancient squad when we came down in 04/05, everyone moaned so Levein and Kelly between them brought in / gave younger players the chance which some have but I think our squad lacks a lot of experience, and its experience needed to get out of this division, experience which he would bring.

It's a myth that we have a young inexperienced team under Levein & Kelly! Granted the many experienced players were shite. It's not his age that's a problem it's his ability to play sufficient number of games to make use of his experience that provides me with my doubts.

Yes and thats why I am baffled by the support by near enough all FT users for this transfer. MA had his hands tied with barely any money to spend, but now we have choice with MM's millions. Getting De Zeeuw would be ridiculous, he is 37 FFS, and if you want to talk about experience the three center halves who are all the right side of 30 have it in abundance. All three have been included in international squads and plenty of championship games behind them after last season. Dion Dublin is experienced but nobody would want him back, I'm sorry but I can't see the appeal of De Zeeuw.

It's a myth that MAs had no money he had the best part of a parachute payment, which is more than MM has promised to make available! He just chose to spend it on wages.

It's a myth that MAs had no money he had the best part of a parachute payment, which is more than MM has promised to make available! He just chose to spend it on wages.

Most of the parachute money was used paying debts off, considering we had been recently in administration the money was used for stability. Spending £500,000 on Connolly was a minor miracle.

Most of the parachute money was used paying debts off, considering we had been recently in administration the money was used for stability. Spending £500,000 on Connolly was a minor miracle.

He still had plenty of money and spent it on wages for Dublin, Keown et al.

Yes and why are they any worse than De Zeeuw??

Have you tried reading posts before you reply, I never mentioned De Zeeuw FFS. I not keen on him either.

Sorry, it is just that I rigorously defend MA because some of my best moments as a fan on the terraces came under his reign funnily enough :(:blush:

Well I can forgive you that as you're young and therefore from a football perspective unfortunate from a life perspective you're one lucky guy.

I still can't work out why people still think Micky Adams had no money I had a post in another thread where I mentioned this Adams played the victim but spent an absolute fortune on wages with the likes of Dublin and Keown. The club gave him a very healthy sum of money to spend.

Adams philosophy was to sign a player like Keown on £150000+ a week instead of buying a player like Reo Coker for £500 000 when he had the chance and turned it down as he didn't think it good value (now rated at £8million!!) and pay him half that of Keown which over the season would have worked out to be the same sum of money from his budget

don't believe everything you hear from the likes of Adams he had a VERY healthy budget probably more than most in the league the year we came down he just spent it in totally the wrong way

I still can't work out why people still think Micky Adams had no money I had a post in another thread where I mentioned this Adams played the victim but spent an absolute fortune on wages with the likes of Dublin and Keown. The club gave him a very healthy sum of money to spend.

Adams philosophy was to sign a player like Keown on £150000+ a week instead of buying a player like Reo Coker for £500 000 when he had the chance and turned it down as he didn't think it good value (now rated at £8million!!) and pay him half that of Keown which over the season would have worked out to be the same sum of money from his budget

don't believe everything you hear from the likes of Adams he had a VERY healthy budgetprobably more than most in the league the year we came down he just spent it in totally the wrong way

You having a laugh, even Henry isn't on that amount.

How can paying £500,000 pounds amount to the same as one players wages. Reo-Coker's wages would hardly have been cheap anyway. Plus Reo-Coker was and still is hated by Hammers fans for his work ethic, haven't you had enough of LCFC players not putting in the hard work required. I admit Keown was a mistake but his endeavour was second to none.

We must have different sources because all we spent was £500,000 on David Connolly. People seem to forget we had only just come out of administration.

How can paying £500,000 pounds amount to the same as one players wages. Reo-Coker's wages would hardly have been cheap anyway. Plus Reo-Coker was and still is hated by Hammers fans for his work ethic, haven't you had enough of LCFC players not putting in the hard work required. I admit Keown was a mistake but his endeavour was second to none.

We must have different sources because all we spent was £500,000 on David Connolly. People seem to forget we had only just come out of administration.

Agree it wasn't 150,000 but their wages were very, very high for this division and that's where the money went.

Are you having a laugh?

If we had a player worthy of moving to one of the top clubs in the country for £8million, do you think we'd give a f**k about his "work ethic"?

As for that bit about de Zeeuw, he's blatantly not "crap" is he? He might be too slow for the Premiership now but we're playing six decent teams and a barrel-load of shite next season, not Arsenal and Manchester United.

Are you having a laugh?

If we had a player worthy of moving to one of the top clubs in the country for £8million, do you think we'd give a f**k about his "work ethic"?

As for that bit about de Zeeuw, he's blatantly not "crap" is he? He might be too slow for the Premiership now but we're playing six decent teams and a barrel-load of shite next season, not Arsenal and Manchester United.

I do suppose 99% of people would agree with you but I care about work ethic, plus I wouldn't rate him at £8million anyway.

And as for De Zeeuw, I'd rather see us stick to the promise of a new era and purchase players who will be able to compete in the top league not ones who are stepping down cos' they are crap. I know this contradicts my thoughts about Adams's signings but compared to then, we have so many more options as far as spending power is concern.

sorry put an extra 0 their ment £15000 per week!!! apologies for that but my point is still the same

and a for you second point how does it work???

well surely that's obvious?

as a manager you are given a budget for example if you were given a total transfer budget of £1million for both players and wages you have 2 options:

1 you could make a free transfer and pay them £20 000 a week over the course of a season

2 you can sign a player for £500 000 and use the rest to pay his wages at say £10 000 a week which again adds upto the same total of £1million

Adams alway only went for option one signing donkeys like Keown, Dublin paid them a fortune and didn't look at the attitude it's all about getting the right mix plenty of young hungry players and a few old heads to help them along

only spending £500 000!!! can you not understand Adams was given a playing budget wages and transfer fees are one and the same it's upto them how they spend it. for the record we also spent £500 000 on Gareth Williams at the same time as well as connolly

with all his signings and wages you could probably say Adams was given close to £5million as a playing budget to get us back up for wages signings and signing on fees etc

Martin Keowns endeavour are you serious!!! the player was a liability no effort. no heart, no desire only came hear because he thought he had a chance of getting Adams job he also whinged and moaned about everything at the club including constant complaining that he had to travel to away games on a coach and not fly their he was a disruptive influence and tried to undermine everything that Adams made. he also had a massive disagreement after the QPR game and well was basically sacked by the club!!

and Reo Cokers wages would have been under well under £10 000 a week he was a young player turning out for MK Dons he would been on very little there

Archived