Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Pentney Joins York on Loan

From OS

Pentney Joins Minstermen

Posted on: Fri 10 Aug 2007

Leicester City goalkeeper Carl Pentney has today joined York City for a one-month loan period.

Pentney, 18, was part of the Foxes under 18 side that won the FA Academy Premier League title last season.

The player, who signed first-year pro forms with the Foxes over the summer, is currently into his third year with the club.

Pentney will now hoping to be part of the York squad to take on Cambridge United at the Abbey Stadium on Saturday.

Keep going MA! We have some talented kids at the club and loaning them out for experience is vital. I think all this means that Rab is going to start for the reserves then?? I hope the shirts go upto XXXL. :o

Keep going MA! We have some talented kids at the club and loaning them out for experience is vital. I think all this means that Rab is going to start for the reserves then?? I hope the shirts go upto XXXL. :o

so you dont think he'll play our second choice keeper in the ressies in order to keep him in match shape uncase needed?

I don't rate Pentney much but good luck to him. Hope he does well.

I was told a few weeks ago that the under 18s hadn't got an under 18 goalkeeper so either Pentney or Cisak would be playing even though I think they're both too old for that age group. Cisak should be getting a chance for the under 18s this season following this news, which is good for him because he's had bad luck with injuries for the last year. This should mean that, for the first month at least, all of our 'keepers will get some action at various levels (Rab Douglas not included).

Archived