Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CorbyGer

Congratulations To Young Billy McKay

Been reading through some pre season reports & see the young man has been getting minutes on the park

It's been a few years since i last saw him play

A brilliant young player that was a stand out in every game he played

Scored goals for fun & scored plenty of them

Wishing him the very best with his Leicester City career & hope all you Leicester fans get to see him perform the way i did week in & week out for a good few years

Congratulations Billy. I never gave up telling you you would make it as a Pro Player. We didn't always see eye to eye on things but i was never going to be wrong on this one!

:clap::clap::clap:

What a picture!

:D:D

5241atk.jpg

Been reading through some pre season reports & see the young man has been getting minutes on the park

It's been a few years since i last saw him play

A brilliant young player that was a stand out in every game he played

Scored goals for fun & scored plenty of them

Wishing him the very best with his Leicester City career & hope all you Leicester fans get to see him perform the way i did week in & week out for a good few years

Congratulations Billy. I never gave up telling you you would make it as a Pro Player. We didn't always see eye to eye on things but i was never going to be wrong on this one!

:clap::clap::clap:

What a picture!

:D:D

5241atk.jpg

lol at picture.

I wont get too carried away with him "making it" until he actually does though! I haven't seen him play so far but I hope he ends up as good as many have said he is but I doubt that he`ll feature much at all this season, apart from the reserves that is.

lol at picture.

I wont get too carried away with him "making it" until he actually does though! I haven't seen him play so far but I hope he ends up as good as many have said he is but I doubt that he`ll feature much at all this season, apart from the reserves that is.

I don't doubt that he will be playing in the reserves for a while yet M8. Give him 2 seasons to adjust from playing in the youths to senior level & he will be there or there abouts

I don't doubt that he will be playing in the reserves for a while yet M8. Give him 2 seasons to adjust from playing in the youths to senior level & he will be there or there abouts

Lets hope so. We have been quite successful in recent times with youth players coming through and to be fair, some of them have been quite mediocre to say the least and are only featuring due to lack of options but there remains one ray of light in Weso and a few that could "kick-on" with good seasons like on loan Logan and Gradel, Mattock or even Stearman. It`ll be fantastic for the club if a few more do improve sufficiently to warrant a place in the first team as it not only saves the club money but gives us fans some local players on the pitch who understand our pain lol

lol at picture.

All the talk is of Odhiambo - and fair play to the lad cos he's an exciting talent - but McKay is every bit as good and has hardly had a mention.

I've got a picture of McKay holding the Academy League trophy as one of my computer wallpapers and that's appropriate cos he scored a goal and was an inspiration that day - as he had been all season - and City never looked the same when he was substituted.

With the odd exception like Campbell, MA seems to see everything in black and white and while Odhiambo and Wesolowski have flourished since his arrival, McKay, Gradel, Porter and Logan have disappeared from the radar.

Logan excepted it all seems to centre on MA's apparent liking for power and strength rather than skill and speed.

N'Gotty at centre-back - strong, powerful, slow.

Mattock at left-back - strong, aggressive, flawed.

Kishishev in defensive midfield - powerful but slow.

Clemence in midfield - strong, inconsistent.

Hayes on the left - theoretically stronger than Porter but less versatile and much more injury prone.

Newton on the right - strong, experienced, nothing like as dangerous as Gradel.

One day soon I hope MA will learn that you don't need a team of mirror images of yourself but a combination of complimentary strengths and skills such as McKay, Gradel and Porter have in abundance.

People call MA a winner but, managerially, he's never been a winner. He's only been close.

All the talk is of Odhiambo - and fair play to the lad cos he's an exciting talent - but McKay is every bit as good and has hardly had a mention.

I've got a picture of McKay holding the Academy League trophy as one of my computer wallpapers and that's appropriate cos he scored a goal and was an inspiration that day - as he had been all season - and City never looked the same when he was substituted.

With the odd exception like Campbell, MA seems to see everything in black and white and while Odhiambo and Wesolowski have flourished since his arrival, McKay, Gradel, Porter and Logan have disappeared from the radar.

Logan excepted it all seems to centre on MA's apparent liking for power and strength rather than skill and speed.

Hayes on the left - theoretically stronger than Porter but less versatile and much more injury prone.

One day soon I hope MA will learn that you don't need a team of mirror images of yourself but a combination of complimentary strengths and skills such as McKay, Gradel and Porter have in abundance.

People call MA a winner but, managerially, he's never been a winner. He's only been close.

Ok two things - One I wouldn't admit to having pictures of young boys on your computer!! :o

ANd two, How have you come to these conclusions after 1 league game and one cup game!??? Clemence Inconistent? well I have no idea how you can come to that conclusion already, just plain stupid that! Hayes more injury prone? lol He's hardly had a long career of injuries, he's only like 19 or something. MA has got a good mixture of youth and is tried some of the Acadamy boys in Pre-season, I don't think he can do much more than that. The problem with you is that you won't be happy until all starting 11 are Acadamy boys!!!! You are blinded by your own ignorance!

I know the kind of football you'd like us to play, but there is more than one way to skin a cat.

I would love to see Gradel given a chance at right midfield, I really don't rate Newton...he's bladdy awful! Against Blackpool he never once went at the left back! Chambers did and got some success! He seemed to be lacking in confidence and more importantly...ability.

As for the Clemence inconsistent thing.....what a rediculous statement to make. I find it refreshing watching a LCFC midfielder with some composure and talent!

Ok two things - One I wouldn't admit to having pictures of young boys on your computer!! :o

ANd two, How have you come to these conclusions after 1 league game and one cup game!??? Clemence Inconistent? well I have no idea how you can come to that conclusion already, just plain stupid that! Hayes more injury prone? lol He's hardly had a long career of injuries, he's only like 19 or something. MA has got a good mixture of youth and is tried some of the Acadamy boys in Pre-season, I don't think he can do much more than that. The problem with you is that you won't be happy until all starting 11 are Acadamy boys!!!! You are blinded by your own ignorance!

a) I don't have many options when it comes to pictures of any recent City player holding a winners trophy in celebration so it seemed the perfect solution and, as a member of the older generation, I have not had my mind brainwashed into thinking that any appreciation or celebration of youthful achievement is somehow a veiled acknowedgement of deviant sexual desire.

As stated before, with the way people's minds have been forced to think today it is a wonder anyone is willing to work with young people anymore as coaches or youth leaders.

b) I've seen Clemence play against Hinckley, Notts County, Portsmouth, Blackpool and Accrington and five games is plenty to form an impression so I don't know which of us should be termed stupid.

As for trying the likes of McKay, Porter and Gradel, MA's given them a tiny fraction of the time he's given Clemence, Kishishev, N'Gotty etc yet they played pretty well in those cameos. Truth is MA had his mind up ff about who he wanted from the off. Just like Kelly last year.

On the subject of an Academy team I like to think I judge all players on merit not reputation but someone's needed to stand the corner of our youth players because the blind assumption on here that new signings are inevitably better isn't fair and isn't justified.

It was much worse a year ago. At least now there seems to be general support and appreciation of our youth players even if some remain so prejudiced they'd never utter a word in their favour.

I am well aware that some youngsters will thrive and some will fail. But I would like to see the best ones get a fair chance - that's all - and far too often that's not been the case because of players being signed on the basis of their places being virtually guaranteed - or at least their being guaranteed regular football.

In such a climate it is any wonder so few youngsters break through.

I would love to see Gradel given a chance at right midfield, I really don't rate Newton...he's bladdy awful! Against Blackpool he never once went at the left back! Chambers did and got some success! He seemed to be lacking in confidence and more importantly...ability.

As for the Clemence inconsistent thing.....what a rediculous statement to make. I find it refreshing watching a LCFC midfielder with some composure and talent!

Not as ridiculous as McKay right midfield. He's an 18 goals a season striker - why the hell waste him in midfield. He scores goals, makes goals and makes excellent runs off the shoulders of the last defenders.

Why would you want to neutralise him in right midfield?

PS: I was well pleased Clemence had what sounded like a good game today - and Porter as well.

As stated in my opening post, i haven't seen Wee Billy play for a while now

But what i will say is that through the years i was involved in coaching he has exceptional ablity to play football

So much so that there is only one player that could ever remind me of the way he played his football

In a nutshell. The legend George Best

Young Billy McKay was just a joy to watch going about his business on a football park taking the piss out of everyone put before him. Not only did the boy posses all the skill in the world, he was very aggressive. A natural winner & he could move like lighting

To see the size he was back then you would have never believed it but by Christ, the lad was superb

The lads approaching 19 & has plenty of time to work his way to the top

As stated in my opening post, i haven't seen Wee Billy play for a while now

But what i will say is that through the years i was involved in coaching he has exceptional ablity to play football

So much so that there is only one player that could ever remind me of the way he played his football

In a nutshell. The legend George Best

Young Billy McKay was just a joy to watch going about his business on a football park taking the piss out of everyone put before him. Not only did the boy posses all the skill in the world, he was very aggressive. A natural winner & he could move like lighting

To see the size he was back then you would have never believed it but by Christ, the lad was superb

The lads approaching 19 & has plenty of time to work his way to the top

I met his Grandad a few years ago and his Dad last season. I didn't speak to his Dad for long but you could tell he was a keen football fan. His Grandad spoke to me and a mate of mine for quite a while and was showing commitment by travelling to pick up Billy from training. I remember his Grandad saying how impressed he was that he'd already played in a reserve game at the age of 15 or so against Chelsea. He also said that he'd played for about three different nations already at youth levels. He really came into his own last season for the under 18s and he reminds me a lot of Tommy Wright (modern day) which could be a good thing or a bad thing really.

I was speaking last night to someone who saw him play at Cambridge. He was very impressed.

McKay should feature heavily in the reserves this year and maybe even break through into the first team.

I met his Grandad a few years ago and his Dad last season. I didn't speak to his Dad for long but you could tell he was a keen football fan. His Grandad spoke to me and a mate of mine for quite a while and was showing commitment by travelling to pick up Billy from training. I remember his Grandad saying how impressed he was that he'd already played in a reserve game at the age of 15 or so against Chelsea. He also said that he'd played for about three different nations already at youth levels. He really came into his own last season for the under 18s and he reminds me a lot of Tommy Wright (modern day) which could be a good thing or a bad thing really.

So you have had the pleasure of meeting Harry, his grandad then :D

His dad is very much into football. One of those players who will just work you into the ground. Young Billy has the same traits as his father in that respect

His dad is not one for saying a lot most of the time but he is listening to you. Just his nature

Personally i lost count on how many games & tournaments he won for me & his Dad

Too many players in the modern game can't go past players.

This problem does not apply to Billy Mckay

He has the abilty & will use every trick in the book during a game. Sadly this deserts most players today but not this young man

Billy went to a tournament with NI last summer over in Tenerife

His great Great Gran was from Belfast. He still has family living over there

The others in the family are from Scotland

Young Billy is a big Man U fan & Rangers. I would say he probably favours Man U the most

Given the choice at international he would go with England

Unlike your good self then?

I was speaking last night to someone who saw him play at Cambridge. He was very impressed.

McKay should feature heavily in the reserves this year and maybe even break through into the first team.

As was I. He was a breath of fresh air at Cambridge. Once he and and Porter started were introduced as subs all sorts of chances. Most were provided for Fryatt who might have scored four. I cannot help but think Fryatt is dispensible because MA doesn't see him displacing Campbell, DeVries, Hume and he knows Odhaimbo/McKay are in reserve.

Archived