Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

International Call-ups

Leicester City will be without five members of their first team squad during the upcoming international break.

Marton Fulop, Gareth McAuley, Radi Kishishev, Iain Hume and Patrick Kisnorbo will all be joining up with their respective nations ahead of a hectic schedule of fixtures.

The international break means that the Foxes will not have a game following the Playmouth match this weekend until they face QPR at the Walkers Stadium in the Championship on Saturday, September 15.

MARTON FULOP

Hungary v Bosnia & Herzegovina - Saturday 8 September (Euro 2008 Qualifying Match)

Turkey v Hungary - Wednesday 12 September (Euro 2008 Qualifying Match

Away from 3 September to 14 September

GARETH McAULEY

Latvia v Northern Ireland - Saturday 8 September (Euro 2008 Qualifying Match)

Iceland v Northern Ireland - Wednesday 12 September (Euro 2008 Qualifying Match)

Away from 4 September to 14 September

RADI KISHISHEV

Holland v Bulgaria - Saturday 8 September (Euro 2008 Qualifying Match)

Bulgaria v Luxembourg - Wednesday 12 September (Euro 2008 Qualifying Match)

Away from 3 September to 14 September

IAIN HUME

Canada v Costa Rica - Wednesday 12 September (International Friendly)

Away from 6 September to 14 September

PATRICK KISNORBO

Australia v Argentina - Tuesday 11 September (International Friendly)

Away from 2 September - 13 September

Weso must be close to being an squad member of the Socceroos. I realize they have some talented midfielders but a few like Cahill are still injured I think and I still believe he is a much better player than former Bristol city and Middlesbro nobody Luke Wilkshire.

Weso must be close to being an squad member of the Socceroos. I realize they have some talented midfielders but a few like Cahill are still injured I think and I still believe he is a much better player than former Bristol city and Middlesbro nobody Luke Wilkshire.

However, from the selfish point of view, I'd rather they keep picking those nobodies, lest Weso go away and get himself crocked!

However, from the selfish point of view, I'd rather they keep picking those nobodies, lest Weso go away and get himself crocked!

Thats fair enough but I always think that players getting that recognition and training with a better class of player actually helps them progress. No offence to Clem and Kisha who have plenty to offer Weso in training but players like Cahill can maybe help out with little titbits :| of info when going forward. I know you cant pick up too much in a few days worth of training but when you mix with the big boys you become a big boy, unless of course your name is Michael Ricketts lol

Thats fair enough but I always think that players getting that recognition and training with a better class of player actually helps them progress. No offence to Clem and Kisha who have plenty to offer Weso in training but players like Cahill can maybe help out with little titbits :| of info when going forward. I know you cant pick up too much in a few days worth of training but when you mix with the big boys you become a big boy, unless of course your name is Michael Ricketts lol

True.

But since Cahill is crocked at the moment, young Weso can stay at home, and carry on be one of our best players.

True.

But since Cahill is crocked at the moment, young Weso can stay at home, and carry on be one of our best players.

Im sure he can pick up some tips on playing in central midfield from Levi Porter. :unsure:

Or you know... Stephen Clemence.

Clem and Kisha are quality players but are more defensive minded. Weso needs to get forward a bit more and add finishing to his game because we could have a mini-Paul Scholes on our hands if he continues to progress. Before everyone has a go I'm not suggesting he is that good yet and would need 5 years of continued progress to be half the player the ginger is but he has undoubted talent.

:clap::clap: :clap:

Well done lads.

Always nice to see City players getting international recognition (as long as they don't come back injured).

Get's them away from all the chaos at the club right now too although it must be unsettling to be away and not knowing what's going on behind the scenes back at home

Clem and Kisha are quality players but are more defensive minded. Weso needs to get forward a bit more and add finishing to his game because we could have a mini-Paul Scholes on our hands if he continues to progress. Before everyone has a go I'm not suggesting he is that good yet and would need 5 years of continued progress to be half the player the ginger is but he has undoubted talent.

It's true that if Weso could add some finishing to his game, he'd become a much more useful asset than the one that he already is... but I'm just saying that with the Aussie squad as it is right now, I'm quite glad he's not going halfway round the world and back for a meaningless friendly, where, knowing our luck, he'll break his leg in about 17 places. Again.

:D

It's true that if Weso could add some finishing to his game, he'd become a much more useful asset than the one that he already is... but I'm just saying that with the Aussie squad as it is right now, I'm quite glad he's not going halfway round the world and back for a meaningless friendly, where, knowing our luck, he'll break his leg in about 17 places. Again.

:D

lol Its great being optimistic!! Jet lag must be an issue with some players which is a concern, especially when you look at how pants Becks is playing since moving to the US. Still, in weso we have one for the future no doubt and it wont be long before he is a full Oz International.

They have Neil Kilkenny at Oldham and all these unknowns :S

Oh and for all your football manager fanatics they have some Grays Athlethic players on the game:S

They have Neil Kilkenny at Oldham and all these unknowns :S

Oh and for all your football manager fanatics they have some Grays Athlethic players on the game:S

Maybe Weso wants to play for England :eek: :w00t: instead or maybe Poland as his name sounds like it originated from that part of the world!

Maybe Weso wants to play for England :eek: :w00t: instead or maybe Poland as his name sounds like it originated from that part of the world!

Think you might be close to the mark Apexgeo as its taken the Australian team time in selection. The way he has been playing and the strength of their squad he should possibly be there or in the next friendly.

Archived