Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lillehamring

question for the 'new music' lads...

ok...

first week of october we have the cribs and the pidgeon detectives playing gigs in oslo...

didn't think much of either on brief listens i have had, but prepared to give benefit of the doubt live, but not sure i can manage to attend both...

given that i like the beach boys and happy jangly early 90s indie (amongst other things, you've probably seen the crap i listen to), which band do you think would be the best bet...?

or equally is one a standout live act...?

don't base it on which is you're favourite, but which you think i should 'do'....

thanks in advance.

THATS NOT WHAT HE ASKED.

GOD!

(sorry)

lol thats what i thought. Well personally i like the pigeon detectives but im not sure what you like. The pigeons are like a cross of the kaiser cheifs and the fratellis just to give you an idea?

The Cribs by a country mile for both my taste and for being closer to yours but neither of them are really jangly Beach Boys type stuff.
Cribs are better live.

but most importantly....

The pigeons are like a cross of the kaiser cheifs and the fratellis just to give you an idea?

So, looks like the cribs it is - unless i'm feeling particularly indulgent, then i might give both a whirl... are you all jealous... nah.

Cribs are an average band if ever ive seen one pidgeon detectives are much better. Ive seen them both live & went away from the cribs thinking they were sh!t altho it was nearly 2 years ago & they hadn't got big(ish)!

But the pidgeons were awesome :thumbup:

Cribs are an average band if ever ive seen one pidgeon detectives are much better. Ive seen them both live & went away from the cribs thinking they were sh!t altho it was nearly 2 years ago & they hadn't got big(ish)!

But the pidgeons were awesome :thumbup:

cheers,

so, will peer pressure force me to go to see both - to be honest a week after i'm going to see 'animal collective' which i am very excited about....

the pijin' detectives are terrible. coked up lad rock for the unsavvy.

ok, so another strike against them...

thing is i'm sure i really slated the cribs on the cd swap thread?

Archived