Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bryn

Player of the Month - August

Player of the Month  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who has impressed you most?

• Marton Fulop
    • Paul Henderson
    • James Chambers
    • Bruno N'Gotty
    • Gareth McAuley
    • Joe Mattock
    • Darren Kenton
    • Alan Sheehan
    • Clive Clarke
    • Patrick Kisnorbo
    • James Wesolowski
    • Stephen Clemence
    • Radostin Kishishev
    • Shaun Newton
    • Levi Porter
    • Iain Hume
    • Mark de Vries
    • Dj Campbell
    • Matthew Fryatt

Can't see anyone else doing this so I thought I might give it a bash. If the admins wanna do something official then be my guest.

I'll stick down every player that has featured in a senior game this month for at least 60 cumulative minutes, and you can vote for your favourite, the one who has played the best football throughout the month. Not the one who has played the best "considering" some circumstance, not the one who has played most often, purely on who you have felt has played the best football, or done the best job at least, for the entire month.

The first half against Forest is included. After all, even if the game did not count, they still played competitive football for 45 minutes with no reason to believe that the game was anything other than a regular Carling Cup game. However, those who started against Forest are not guaranteed to make the list because they are required to have played 60 minutes at least. This is primarily because I can only have 20 on the list due to the poll rules, and they're not likely to win anyway if they have not played much.

Hopefully I didn't miss a player out. And apologies for fooking the first one up, I pressed enter by mistake. This is the real one.

For me, it was a toss up between James Wesolowski and Bruno N Gotty. In my opinion they have so far, both been fantastic for us.

Bruno never seems to put a foot wrong for us and always does the simple things with such ease. The man is a class act, no doubt about that, he has played right back for the majority and although he may not be the best going forward I think he has been exceptional for us.

However, I went for Weso. Last season he had an absolute nightmare with injuries and what not. But this season, although he started out of position wide right, once he got moved inside he was outstanding. The partnership with Clemence has helped him immensely I feel, the blend of experience and youth seems to be working very well. I really hope Weso can stay fit, because if he does, no doubt he has a great career ahead of him.

From the games Ive seen this season and the others I have read about, I`m going for someone who seems to be dismissed when talking of our two better centre halves and thats Gareth McAuley. Kisnorbo gets more plaudits at times and most would prefer N`Gotty to be Kisnorbo`s central-defensive partner despite N`Gotty playing a lot of the season on the right.

It was a tough decision though with Clem, Kisnorbo, Hume and in particular Weso all starting the season well but I`ll go for the solid McAuley who has been defending superbly so far this season without too much fuss.

Archived