Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Katy

What is your definition of love?

i think i have been in love...it seems sad teling you all but love is life when you life for someone elses happiness!

I could explain more but im sure you dont want to hear it

73453[/snapback]

That sounds nice Scarbs :thumbup:

i think i have been in love...it seems sad teling you all but love is life when you life for someone elses happiness!

73453[/snapback]

73454[/snapback]

should read what i have posted abd edited it (i have been on the ale again tonight)

But love is when you wake, eat and sleep for someone else...people say sex is love but its not sex comes with love but love if you have love is far past sex. Just being with your loved one hand in hand, being together. sharing good times and bad is love!

73453[/snapback]

73454[/snapback]

should read what i have posted abd edited it (i have been on the ale again tonight)

But love is when you wake, eat and sleep for someone else...people say sex is love but its not sex comes with love but love if you have love is far past sex. Just being with your loved one hand in hand, being together. sharing good times and bad is love!

73455[/snapback]

Not about sex for sure, I can love someone and not have sex with them quite easily. Sex can sometimes confuse the issue as its so emotionally involving (well it is for women - dunno about men)

Guest Daniel

Love is a word used by women for something or someone they really do adore.

Love is a word used by men to describe his feelings torwards his wife so that she does all his cooking, washing and ironing. :)

Love is a word used by women for something or someone they really do adore.

Love is a word used by men to describe his feelings torwards his wife so that she does all his cooking, washing and ironing. :)

73457[/snapback]

And those are your words are they Dan? Do you really believe that?

Course you can love someone without sex!

Todays world is Sex sex and sex.....and to be fair people that can see past it have got problems!!!

People here confuse love with lust!

73459[/snapback]

That is very true Scarbs! I have been guilty of this before and im sure most people have. Its whats left after the lust has gone that is important!

Todays world is Sex sex and sex.....and to be fair people that can see past it have got problems!!!

73459[/snapback]

That is very true Scarbs! I have been guilty of this before and im sure most people have. Its whats left after the lust has gone that is important!

73460[/snapback]

Yep agree

But again it does pi55 me off the women seem to be made the guilty ones in the issue..after all women are the same as men and have the same needs! But this just love.

When people say that young people cant love sure they can..love is a weird subject and if it fails it hurts, like with me :(

73459[/snapback]

73460[/snapback]

Yep agree

But again it does pi55 me off the women seem to be made the guilty ones in the issue..after all women are the same as men and have the same needs! But this just love.

When people say that young people cant love sure they can..love is a weird subject and if it fails it hurts, like with me :(

73462[/snapback]

To quote the great man Bedingfield himself :unsure: 'Nothing hurts like love, nothing brings your heart so much pain, and you never learn until you get burnt' how true is that? - I had the misfortune to get hurt and treated like shite by someone I thought a lot of recently - takes a while to get over it but it wont put me off the whole thing - im just a sucker I suppose. :(

Lifes a sucker Kat!

My experience was different to your love...i never said anything and now wish i did..for years i went to school just so i could see her but never had the guts to ask as when it comes to the ladies i dont have the confidence (apart from that i do i will speak and chat to anyone me..if a person is sittng alone in a pub i will invite them over for a drink..and why not after all we are all human).

I think i was scared of reject.

She has moved to Oz for 4 years now..and im tempted to go over there and tell her but i will regret it.

Love never leaves you but i strongly believe you can love more than one person

Lifes a sucker Kat!

My experience was different to your love...i never said anything and now wish i did..for years i went to school just so i could see her but never had the guts to ask as when it comes to the ladies i dont have the confidence (apart from that i do i will speak and chat to anyone me..if a person is sittng alone in a pub i will invite them over for a drink..and why not after all we are all human).

She has moved to Oz for 4 years now..and im tempted to go over there and tell her but i will regret it.

73465[/snapback]

You will regret it if you dont Scarbs if thats how you really feel - what have got to lose? Its not like you have to see her everyday is it? Theres loads of things I could have said but never did and now some of those people arent here to tell all the things I want to say. :(

Lifes a sucker Kat!

73465[/snapback]

You will regret it if you dont Scarbs if thats how you really feel - what have got to lose? Its not like you have to see her everyday is it? Theres loads of things I could have said but never did and now some of those people arent here to tell all the things I want to say. :(

73469[/snapback]

But Oz is along way to go plus she has a boyfriend and they have been together for a fair few years now and we are all quite good friends. I dont know if she feels the same way so it seems pointless the only place it will get me is a visit to the sodding bank manger!

What happened to you then Kate?

Lifes a sucker Kat!

73465[/snapback]

73469[/snapback]

But Oz is along way to go plus she has a boyfriend and they have been together for a fair few years now and we are all quite good friends. I dont know if she feels the same way so it seems pointless the only place it will get me is a visit to the sodding bank manger!

73470[/snapback]

If it means that much I would take the chance - stranger things have happened. I dont know if I can go into details here but my story is based on rumours and the jealousy of other people ruining things and said person letting it!

Lifes a sucker Kat!

73465[/snapback]

73469[/snapback]

73470[/snapback]

If it means that much I would take the chance - stranger things have happened. I dont know if I can go into details here but my story is based on rumours and the jealousy of other people ruining things and said person letting it!

73473[/snapback]

its something which i like to think will happen but know it will never occur. If Leicester win the FA cup i will tell her....!

Katy if ya ever wanna chat and good stezza is not around im always here and thats to everyone. Loads of people tell me stuff and ask my advice and i never know why but they keep coming back for more so it cant be that bad.. :thumbup: i know more secrets than bush and blair put together :D

Come and talk to good old scarby!

Lifes a sucker Kat!

73465[/snapback]

73469[/snapback]

73470[/snapback]

73473[/snapback]

its something which i like to think will happen but know it will never occur. If Leicester win the FA cup i will tell her....!

Katy if ya ever wanna chat and good stezza is not around im always here and thats to everyone. Loads of people tell me stuff and ask my advice and i never know why but they keep coming back for more so it cant be that bad.. :thumbup: i know more secrets than bush and blair put together :D

73480[/snapback]

hi scarb............well im an alcoholic.

buy us a pint and we'll have a chat about it . :thumbup:

on a serious note ive been burnt in the past engaged and all that business but there was no respect for my time once the relationship went a lot deeper. im now with someone who respects my needs to go and do my own thing from time to time, like going to the city, home and away going on a weekend with the lads abroad etc.... im not being selfish as if she wants to do anything the trust and respect is there from me.

love is about alot of trust, respect and admiration for one another.

im lucky i have that.

Lifes a sucker Kat!

73465[/snapback]

73469[/snapback]

73470[/snapback]

73473[/snapback]

73480[/snapback]

hi scarb............well im an alcoholic.

buy us a pint and we'll have a chat about it . :thumbup:

on a serious note ive been burnt in the past engaged and all that business but there was no respect for my time once the relationship went a lot deeper. im now with someone who respects my needs to go and do my own thing from time to time, like going to the city, home and away going on a weekend with the lads abroad etc.... im not being selfish as if she wants to do anything the trust and respect is there from me.

love is about alot of trust, respect and admiration for one another.

im lucky i have that.

73490[/snapback]

Sounds like a healthy relationship you have yourself there ML - its important to have space to do your own thing as well as being a couple.

Thanks Scarby, that applies the other way round too :) I have bent Stezzas ear about it on numerous occasions - I think hes unsurprisingly a bit bored of it now.

What's brought all this on?

I can't cope with emotional issues!

73530[/snapback]

Dunno Lisa, I had a late night love with Graham Torrington moment last night (not literally anyway :ermm: )

Tis good to talk :smile:

Aww, Lisa...

Sorry 'bout that!

But coming back to the issue, the term "love" can be understood so differently by people.

Some think romance is love. Others tend to pain, lust, sex. For others its kissing or just plainly being together.

I believe all human beings carry this feeling of a live-long relationship with them. Everybody wants affection in some way. The question is: Do we get it? If not, some people go off like crazy or start hurting other people.

An other thing is that we actually never openly talk about "love" and what type and what amount we need. Instead, we men make jokes about sex and women. Women make jokes about sex and men. And we don't trust each other no more. Hardly. "Love" has become something replaceable with a very short half-life. Cynical, innit?

The whole discussion has turned enourmeously in the past few decades. I would say since the generation of '68. Sex has become the predominant factor of love and is advertised almost everywhere at any time. Body shape, breast sizes, the form of the behind... It is very superficial nowadays and I believe many people are appaled by this. Deep in our hearts, we are all wishing for an ideal partner, who understands us, who connects with us, who lets us our freedom(s), who won't complain all the time, who is humourous and true.

I for myself think that once you've found somebody who enjoys being with you (and vice versa), you should give it a try.

And please be true...

73530[/snapback]

Dunno Lisa, I had a late night love with Graham Torrington moment last night (not literally anyway :ermm: )

73532[/snapback]

It is? :o

73530[/snapback]

73532[/snapback]

It is? :o

73541[/snapback]

:ermm::ermm: I think so

Love is when you cant stop thinking about someone. when your with them you dont want to leave and when your not with them you cant wait to be with them again. They are last thing you think about at nite and the first thing you think of in the morning!

I know i sound soppy but its what i believe!(sp)

Archived