Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
lookwhaticando

Dowie making yet more friends

Recommended Posts

Posted

Manager Dowie may quit Coventry

Manager Iain Dowie has conceded he may be forced to leave Coventry if the club goes into administration.

Ray Ranson's SISU consortium had been close to a deal to buy the Sky Blues but the Co-operative Bank - owed about £18m by Coventry - blocked the bid.

Administration would mean a 10-point deduction, plunging Coventry into the bottom three in the Championship table.

Dowie said: "I would review my position in light of what I have been told. I will definitely be doing that."

The Sky Blues are about £38m in debt and face financial ruin unless an investor is found before the new year. A transfer embargo was imposed on the club last month.

Coventry have been seeking new avenues of investment since five potential investors all withdrew their interest in the club in October.

And with the former Manchester City player Ranson's takeover stalling on Thursday, the club admits is now at crisis point.

Dowie added: "We have preached about togetherness and I have got a fantastic amount of respect for the group of professionals we have got here.

"From my point of view, I have had to deal with it before at Oldham but you don't really deal with it, you go on with what you are given.

"But I am a football manager and I will concentrate on football things."

:|

Posted

I feel for the bloke to be fair, He cant win, if he stays its almost certain they will go down, if he goes then Cov fans will brand him a judas... Having said that I dont like the Pr*ck anyways so I dont really care about him!!!

I am sorry that another club is in financial ruin, before too many jump on the wagon to slag cov off we should remember that we were in a similar situation not too many years ago.. What has happened to English Football!!!

Surely with all the clubs going into administration the FA or FIFA no less have to act.. before too soon there will be a mass of clubs going out of business and thats not good for the economy.

Posted

He had his chance to jump ship with us, He didn't want to leave them, TBH I think I prefer Ollie over Dowie, But Dowie was always in my list.

Having said all that I do feel sorry for him, As others have said either way he can't win.

Gotta laugh at Coventry though!

I have always said I don't really want, enjoy or wish administration on any club, we know how it feels and it's not nice, not at all, but come to think of it, Leeds, Coventry...I think I might make an exception, after all Coventry fans were laughing at us and slagging us off (Probably the worst offenders of it).

And i'm not sure how true it is but apparently we were the only team to vote against the plans of the point deductions, and forfeits if teams were to go into administration, but now club after club are going into administration and they know how it feels now so what goes around comes around is all I can say.

They should have thought about the consequences before voting in favor of them.

Posted
Good point :laugh:

Feel sorry for Cov Admin is not nice. But ffs Dowie get your head out the sand you ugly pr*ck. why is it the team and crop you currently have is never good enough in football these days. Where is the spirit in football these days look at leeds anyone would have written them off this season but Spirit has taken them to near the top of league 1. They didnt buy anyone during the summer. Use what team youv'e got Dowie and prove your worth, if you were a decent manager you'd be able to drive your team to save the club, and save your reputation.

absolutly radiculous how people give up on things so easy nowadays.

Posted

I've just noticed what he said in another article - about Coventry's plan to enter administration.

Manager Iain Dowie has warned that he would consider his position if the club went into administration but he remains positive.

"The sword of Damocles has been hanging for a little while now," he told 5 Live.

"When I came to the club, I thought it would be a very positive situation where we'd have quite a sizeable amount of money to spend. It hasn't quite turned out like that.

"We'd like to be able to take this club forward and we're a little bit frustrated that some of our targets are now playing very well elsewhere.

"But we can throw our toys out of the pram or work as hard as we can, and I'll choose the latter."

lol lol lol

You're going to work as hard as you can by (potentially) quitting if you end up in administration? :ermm::unsure::blink:

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted

Cov are only three points clear of us, and visit us in a couple of weeks.

How satisfying will it be to overtake them and leave them trailing in our wake?

Posted
Cov are only three points clear of us, and visit us in a couple of weeks.

How satisfying will it be to overtake them and leave them trailing in our wake?

As long as its a repeat of last time

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...